Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Anyone had success with Google Maps Marketing?
I can't even get Google Maps to put my address in the right place! I've lived in this house for 18 plus years and the first 15 or so it showed up correctly. THen about 2 years ago I had a rash of problems with UPS, FedEx, and restaurant delivery, saying where the hell are you at?

They show my house about 2 blocks north of where it really is. I talked to a customer service lady from Google in California about a year ago and she fixed the problem, but it only lasted 6 months.

Now when I call to straighten this out, all I get are some idiots in the Philippines who keep hanging up on me when I tell them what's wrong!

·
RePaintFlorida.com
1,768 Posts
i know i rank with google maps
address , googling my company name both Repaint Florida LLC & kitchen cabinet painting shows

i think most have to do with i have a commercial address , i've had google mail cards as proof & i've had them visit our shop

plus i've been here 8 years, also all advertisement online uses this address

i think a lot has to do with you being a true business in google's eyes

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
address , googling my company name both Repaint Florida LLC & kitchen cabinet painting shows

i think most have to do with i have a commercial address , i've had google mail cards as proof & i've had them visit our shop

What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

·
RePaintFlorida.com
1,768 Posts
What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?
it has to do with the OP

he's asking about Google Maps Marketing, google is fazing out residential address used as a business

commercial address rank better, so if your looking to buy tea from China a company with business address markets better that the guy sell tea from his home

now wth does China tea have to do with painting?

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
it has to do with the OP

he's asking about Google Maps Marketing, google is fazing out residential address used as a business

commercial address rank better, so if your looking to buy tea from China a company with business address markets better that the guy sell tea from his home

now wth does China tea have to do with painting?
How will they know if your address is commercial or residential? They say I'm over 2 blocks away from where I actually am.

Another thing is Google maps used to be free, But starting I believe this last July they are charging municipal and government agencies for it. It looks like they are trying to challenge Microsoft as the biggest rip-offs in tech.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
What is the benefit of posting your address? Does it make people closer to you call more? Since I work out of my home, I dont want my address posted.

·
Registered
23 Posts

Yes, has to do with SEO. Google has "spiders" that crawl through the web and picks up whatever information it has on your business and has a ranking system. If you're credible, they will show your business in searches. So showing up in the business pop up on Google is really good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts