Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Almost Gone
10,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday I was doing some prep on an exterior before the rain today, thats why I was posting so much today. My interior couldn't get scheduled till tomorrow.

Anyways, here I am in the backyard and this boy and little girl come out of the house and start talking to me. Here I'm thinking "what cute kids", enjoying the fresh air. All of a sudden while running a bead around a window, my arse gets slapped.

I look behind me and its the boy with a hockey stick he got from the shed. He's laughing. I fake a smile thinking he'll run off and wreck something and leave me alone. I continue the bead and ----smack, again. I give him a disconcerted look, thinking for sure he'll leave me alone now. Nope, a third time he does it.

"That's it", I say to myself. I give him a evil stare and tell him "don't do that again". He suddenly goes from smile to scared look and runs under the deck. Then his mom yells at him and tells him to come inside. So my guess is she must have watched this happen.

There are hazards to painting...

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I can't believe he hit you 3 times! Usually after the evil eye look they will back off.
I had the lady's poodle bite me on the leg while I was looking at a job. I am pretty experienced with dogs, and I could just tell this dog wanted to bite me. She kept saying "he won't bother you" and didn't seem at all interested in putting him in another room. Sure enough I was looking at a repair that needed to be made in the ceiling, the phone rings and she goes to answer it and the dog latches onto my leg. I'm trying not to make a big scene. Normally I would have drop kicked this little bastard across the room, but I'm thinking I am never gonna get this job if I kill this dog. Finally I shake him off my leg and she comes back like nothing ever happened. I'm the kind of guy who's nature it is to suck it up and take one for the team. I get out to the truck and look at my leg and he bit thru the pants and sock and I've got several puncture marks on my leg!! No wonder it hurt so much-he couldn't have been more than 6 pounds! The best part is I didn't even get the job! It's all gonna be in the book...It's rough out there TJ!

We should start a "war stories" thread of all the crazy stuff that has happened in the line of duty! I bet there is some good stuff

·
Registered
171 Posts
CliffK said:
Sure enough I was looking at a repair that needed to be made in the ceiling, the phone rings and she goes to answer it and the dog latches onto my leg. I'm trying not to make a big scene. Normally I would have drop kicked this little bastard across the room
Goodness that was a good laugh. I can picture it all happening. That's sucks you didn't get the job.

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Too funny....

While doing and interior estimate this winter this little 'thing' of a dog kept humping my foot. The owners were mortified and kept saying, "he never does this", but each time they put him down the little bugger would run to me and start buggering my leg.

I did the job.....dog stayed in his kennel.

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
I can't believe he hit you 3 times! Usually after the evil eye look they will back off.
I had the lady's poodle bite me on the leg while I was looking at a job. I am pretty experienced with dogs, and I could just tell this dog wanted to bite me. She kept saying "he won't bother you" and didn't seem at all interested in putting him in another room. Sure enough I was looking at a repair that needed to be made in the ceiling, the phone rings and she goes to answer it and the dog latches onto my leg. I'm trying not to make a big scene. Normally I would have drop kicked this little bastard across the room, but I'm thinking I am never gonna get this job if I kill this dog. Finally I shake him off my leg and she comes back like nothing ever happened. I'm the kind of guy who's nature it is to suck it up and take one for the team. I get out to the truck and look at my leg and he bit thru the pants and sock and I've got several puncture marks on my leg!! No wonder it hurt so much-he couldn't have been more than 6 pounds! The best part is I didn't even get the job! It's all gonna be in the book...It's rough out there TJ!

We should start a "war stories" thread of all the crazy stuff that has happened in the line of duty! I bet there is some good stuff

I didn't read your post before I posted Cliff....guess there's more love not war here in Canada. ;)

·
Registered
317 Posts
A good friend of mine told me a story about a job he was going to bid on, the owner gave him the keycode to the gate, so he could look at it. He gets in the gate and is walking up to the house and a herd of little dogs (about 5) came running over the hill. He didn't think anything of it until they all attacked him and nearly killed him. The owner of the ranch paid all the hospital bills and asked my friend "is there anything else I can do for you." My buddy says "I will be ok, but I would still like to land that project." He now paints that ranch every year, turns out it was the owner or one of the owners of carquest.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
A good friend of mine told me a story about a job he was going to bid on, the owner gave him the keycode to the gate, so he could look at it. He gets in the gate and is walking up to the house and a herd of little dogs (about 5) came running over the hill. He didn't think anything of it until they all attacked him and nearly killed him. The owner of the ranch paid all the hospital bills and asked my friend "is there anything else I can do for you." My buddy says "I will be ok, but I would still like to land that project." He now paints that ranch every year, turns out it was the owner or one of the owners of carquest.
That's really taking one for the team!

·
6,326 Posts
that is why safety training is important. it helps us by making us aware about the possible work hazards , so that we can avoid accidents.it s imperative for those who work in heavy industry.

osha online training
:confused1: They train for a pack of little dogs and dogs humping your leg??????

·
Administrator
20,198 Posts
From the title I was prepared to read that you finally got Steve to head over your way to help you out on a job. :rolleyes: ;)

If it had been me, after the second whack there would have been a broken hockey stick on the ground. You have more patience.

·
very senior member
9,848 Posts
From the title I was prepared to read that you finally got Steve to head over your way to help you out on a job. :rolleyes: ;)

If it had been me, after the second whack there would have been a broken hockey stick on the ground. You have more patience.

over the kids a**:jester:

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
So yesterday I was doing some prep on an exterior before the rain today, thats why I was posting so much today. My interior couldn't get scheduled till tomorrow.

Anyways, here I am in the backyard and this boy and little girl come out of the house and start talking to me. Here I'm thinking "what cute kids", enjoying the fresh air. All of a sudden while running a bead around a window, my arse gets slapped.

I look behind me and its the boy with a hockey stick he got from the shed. He's laughing. I fake a smile thinking he'll run off and wreck something and leave me alone. I continue the bead and ----smack, again. I give him a disconcerted look, thinking for sure he'll leave me alone now. Nope, a third time he does it.

"That's it", I say to myself. I give him a evil stare and tell him "don't do that again". He suddenly goes from smile to scared look and runs under the deck. Then his mom yells at him and tells him to come inside. So my guess is she must have watched this happen.

There are hazards to painting...
Shouldnt this dead thread now read "Got slapped in the rear last year.":eek:

·
Administrator
20,198 Posts
that is why safety training is important. it helps us by making us aware about the possible work hazards , so that we can avoid accidents.it s imperative for those who work in heavy industry.
:confused1: They train for a pack of little dogs and dogs humping your leg??????
Now that's what I call some comprehensive training.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts