Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I'm looking to buy decent sprayer. From what I've been reading I'd like to get a graco. I'd be spraying probably twice a week at the most. I'm trying to decide between the 190, 390, and 395. It seems to me that the 390 is basically a 395 without the "smart control." Where as the 190 has a smaller pump but still has some sort of electronic control. Does the 390's lack of electronic control mean that the pump and motor run constantly ?

All three have a 7/8 hp motor. Yet the 395 pumps .54 gpm, the 390 pumps .47 gpm, and the 190 pumps .38 gpm.

Is it all just marketing bs and they are all pretty much the same? I'm thinking I'd be best served with the 190 since it is the cheapest (I don't spray that much) and it has electronic control.

the 390 and 395 have the same fluid section however the 395 has a slightly larger motor and circuit board

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
I'm looking to buy decent sprayer. From what I've been reading I'd like to get a graco. I'd be spraying probably twice a week at the most. I'm trying to decide between the 190, 390, and 395. It seems to me that the 390 is basically a 395 without the "smart control." Where as the 190 has a smaller pump but still has some sort of electronic control. Does the 390's lack of electronic control mean that the pump and motor run constantly ?

All three have a 7/8 hp motor. Yet the 395 pumps .54 gpm, the 390 pumps .47 gpm, and the 190 pumps .38 gpm.

Is it all just marketing bs and they are all pretty much the same? I'm thinking I'd be best served with the 190 since it is the cheapest (I don't spray that much) and it has electronic control.
395 is a small but reliable machine. I have never heard of a 190 but I doubt you'd be able to do much with it. At least with the 395 you'll be able to spray most everyday paints. Probably last a lot longer too. 390 would be fine also.

·
Registered
1 Posts
the big difference between the Titan 440 and the Graco Ultra 395 is that the Titan rod runs in the packings and the Graco runs in the cylinder. what does this mean??? worst case repair scenario for a Titan is piston rod and packings, worst case for Graco piston rod,cylinder and packings and that Graco cylinder is $100.00
i work on both pumps, usually both just take a rebuild, very seldom do I replace piston in Graco or Titan, hardly ever a cylinder in a Graco, both are good pumps

21 - 25 of 25 Posts