Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I decided to try the new Graco Handheld Airless (cordless models).

I had a few Graco Handhelds when they first came out, and they underperformed and eventually failed. The batteries were garbage, imo, and and were not worth the bother to keep them in working condition, relative to the quality of the spray finish. Have changed my mind after testing the new models.

@elvinpe had mentioned that he liked the new iteration (with DeWalt batteries). *I purchased one on eBay for a reasonable price about a month ago, and left in the work trailer to see if it would be useful...

It is a true airless, and so paint can be sprayed unthinned, and tips from your airless setups can be used. It comes with a Graco Rac Guard, but I added a Titan Guard as own several Titan tips. I changed the stock 517 tip for a 310 HEA. I found that the Fine Finish tips work, but seem to strain the motor a little more than the HEA (High Efficiency Airless) tip. I felt I was able to achieve a nice finish using mostly exterior paints and stains.

Set-up and clean-up is less than 10 minutes start to finish.

Here are a few examples of places I used the Graco TC Pro in the last month (mostly one-off's or places where a cordless airless was extremely convenient!):

·
Registered
55 Posts
I really like the Dewalt battery powered version. I am bad for pushing it a little too far instead of using the airless as the clean up is so convenient. It really is for smaller jobs as the motor is easily overworked.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
129 Posts
Awesome Sprayer.Will save you from lots of headache and labor.sprays beautiful and clean up is a childs play.I have the same in my truck as side gun :)) enjoy !

·
Super Moderator
Licensed General Contractor, Painting Contractor
2,267 Posts
I decided to try the new Graco Handheld Airless (cordless models).

I had a few Graco Handhelds when they first came out, and they underperformed and eventually failed. The batteries were garbage, imo, and and were not worth the bother to keep them in working condition, relative to the quality of the spray finish. Have changed my mind after testing the new models.

@elvinpe had mentioned that he liked the new iteration (with DeWalt batteries). *I purchased one on eBay for a reasonable price about a month ago, and left in the work trailer to see if it would be useful...

It is a true airless, and so paint can be sprayed unthinned, and tips from your airless setups can be used. It comes with a Graco Rac Guard, but I added a Titan Guard as own several Titan tips. I changed the stock 517 tip for a 310 HEA. I found that the Fine Finish tips work, but seem to strain the motor a little more than the HEA (High Efficiency Airless) tip. I felt I was able to achieve a nice finish using mostly exterior paints and stains.

Set-up and clean-up is less than 10 minutes start to finish.

Here are a few examples of places I used the Graco TC Pro in the last month (mostly one-off's or places where a cordless airless was extremely convenient!):
View attachment 112118

View attachment 112119

View attachment 112120

View attachment 112121

View attachment 112122

View attachment 112123

View attachment 112124

View attachment 112125
Is pulsation an issue like it used to be with those setups? Are you able to spray full size doors without a significant drop and/or variance of pressure? Haven't seen any of the newer ones in action so I don't really know the capabilities or limitations. How long would you guess a full trigger pull would yield an even spray pattern?

·
Super Moderator
Journeyman Painting Contractor
2,924 Posts
I could see it coming in handy for like a fireplace or something. Although the one thing I disliked about it, is that you have to clean it immediately after each use. You can't just drop the gun in water over night like an airless.

·
Premium Member
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is pulsation an issue like it used to be with those setups? Are you able to spray full size doors without a significant drop and/or variance of pressure? Haven't seen any of the newer ones in action so I don't really know the capabilities or limitations. How long would you guess a full trigger pull would yield an even spray pattern?
It works great for exterior finishes, where results are less scrutinized. I only sprayed one interior door (when the gun was new) and there results were acceptable- almost indistinguishable from the finish of any other airless. However, it took a while to figure out which tips to use, as they seemed to have a noticeable effect on how it sprayed and the overall spray pattern: the fine finish tips stressed the motor too much to recommend using.

Using a new battery was obviously important. And I cant speak to the longevity of the machine yet, and whether the spray quality will suffer as it ages. Brand new, out of the box, it sprayed better than I was expecting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts