Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Super Moderator
9,538 Posts
This sounds interesting. Hmmm. Maybe this would solve the build up problem on the old Graco FinishPro 395? The problem I was told "no one else has" yet version two addressed....

· Super Moderator
9,538 Posts
I am hopeful that will be true. If so, should make it nicer to try and do smaller items such as trim. However, I don't think it's going to make a huge difference in terms of paint usage; still going to take near to an entire gallon to charge up the unit and hose.
One reason I am trying a gx19 is with the hopper, 3/16th 25' hose, hopefully less paint waste.

· Super Moderator
9,538 Posts
The gx19 has a fluid pressure gauge so you can see the pressure. It is like an air compressor gauge.

I have been spraying using painters pyramids on pieces of plywood to keep over spray contained more (the stuff the goes past the sides of the doors). I get a little bounce back on the back of the doors around the pyramids with airless or HVLP. I am hoping that this may not bounce back as much.

· Super Moderator
9,538 Posts
Link?

I only got a showerhead on Amazon. :sad:
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=Graco+low+pressure+tip

I went with a 518 this time. Curious how that would work for priming drywall. Might make the 395 better for drywall priming on smaller jobs since my big old airlessco needs a new prime valve and has been sitting idle for a few years now. I don't really want to fire up the old sprayer for a basement prime job.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.