Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I noticed that a guy had a sprayer box attached to his sprayer and after I inquired, found out that he purchased it from Graco for $80. Being sort of a DIY I figured I would just make my own. Mocked up a design in Google's free CAD/Drawing program SketchUp which if you have not checked it out might be worth spending a minute looking at it. It is good for quick to very dertailed mechanical type drawings.http://sketchup.google.com/product/gsup.html

Went to the plastic store, spent $35. and voila.

It came out a little bigger than I had imagined but bigger is better right? It is really nice to have a place for your TSL bottle where it won't spill and have tips close by. I had to hack the end of my bucket opener to fit it in there but...

·
Flog a Mocker
1,493 Posts
You have a pic of the inside? I might have to make something for mine. I HATE losing tips.

·
Sole Proprietor
330 Posts
I just have a few of the screw top plastic paint cans and soak tips, guards and filters in laquer thinner.

Nice box.
i use an empty quart/sample can to store my tips, in laquer thinner

·
Not Junior Member
186 Posts
I hope this doesn't make me sound like newbies but what's the benefit of soaking the tip in paint thinner? I always clean and let it dry out.

·
Banned
14,174 Posts
Just keeps it lubed per say and keeps any dried paint soft. Not a huge deal, I don't do it, I do the same as you. My tips and tip housing get hammered.

·
Not Junior Member
186 Posts
Just keeps it lubed per say and keeps any dried paint soft. Not a huge deal, I don't do it, I do the same as you. My tips and tip housing get hammered.
Thanks, I tend to get phobia with thinner's. Last time I use it to clean the pump it scratch it and cost me almost 3 bills to fix.

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
I don't know it looks to big for the sprayer and too little to put anything inside. All I use is a 5 gallon bucket to carry all my tips,and things I need to hook up my sprayer, but good you are working on making your work easier for you.Thats all part of making a day go good, having all your tools together for the day.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts