• Titan 1900 pro

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Evening
I am new to the paint spraying world definitely interested in painting section of construction. Currently own a graco x5 and a flexio 3000 realized a little to late that I would need to step since I’m planning on growing in this sector. I was wondering between the two model that are listed above which one should I lean towards as a beginner sprayer and also since I am just starting out don’t need a super heavy duty one year like the graco 395 or the titan 440. Any other extra information would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Depends what your spraying. Why don't you tell everyone a little more about yourself/company/projects. etc. Thanks. And Welcome.
Right now it’s just interior and maybe if some exterior of homes if I get the project. For the exterior since I don’t have much experience I going to let the client know up front that I will be using their house for learning and charge them significantly lot less or maybe not even do it and practise on my cousins exterior house. So for your answer it’s going to be strictly interior residential homes.

·
Registered
Residential interior/exterior repaints (& staining)
24 Posts
Other resources:
Like the Idaho Painter (or not), but I do think this video will share a few key considerations for you (and others) in considering whether or not to have an airless sprayer.

My own analysis:
I recently returned to painting after many years away from the trades. Started a small company. And I bought (and restored) a used X5 to see if I wanted to switch from my old-school ways of just brush & roller work to including an airless sprayer. I've learned a lot. And am convinced I'll buy-up to a better sprayer.

From my own analysis, there are several things to consider:
  1. Latex paint & primers only? Or do you want to move other products as well?
  2. Interior/exterior walls & ceilings only? Or are you considering other applications (like 'finish' work for cabinets, which in many respects is a whole 'nuther category or spraying heavier media like joint compound)?
  3. Amount of product you're likely to move, essentially week over week, usually measured in gallons?
  4. Are you handy enough to repair/replace/restore your own sprayer, particularly pumps?
  5. Are you going to do the on- and off- job-site basic cleaning of the sprayer (including filters, Pump Armour or similar, etc)?
  6. Are you going to be a solo sprayer? Or do you need enough power to have two independent spray guns running off a single unit?
  7. Will the individuals using the sprayer respect the expense & power of the device and be willing to be fully trained on it?
  8. From an economics perspective, will you be bidding enough jobs to cover the cost of this capital expenditure on your business? (And, note, I'd also compare the capital expense 'against' productivity. When used well, these sprayers can cut significant time. Even an X5, which I've experienced this summer.)
Certainly others on this forum will have their own suggestions for due diligence questions. And some of mine are culled from this forum, YouTube, etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts