Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

How does you fill in material into a gravity flow cup spray gun?

• I am holding the gun in one hand while filling it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am using the 3M cup system

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please give me your feedback!

When working with a gravity flow cup spray gun (without 3M system), how does you fill in the material? Do you hold the gun in one hand while filling it or do you have a special fixture?

Thanks in advance!

·
Administrator
21,511 Posts
My gun can be set on a flat surface while filling it. Don't think you need the poll option for this thread. Just let people reply.

·
Banned
15,692 Posts
It's always easier to fill the cup with the gun mounted on one of many types of secured bench top holders. Especially when using a strainer. I've tried to get all fast and fancy trying to fill on the move, only to find myself on hands and knees wiping up spilled paint. :(

·
Registered
5,888 Posts
It's always easier to fill the cup with the gun mounted on one of many types of secured bench top holders. Especially when using a strainer. I've tried to get all fast and fancy trying to fill on the move, only to find myself on hands and knees wiping up spilled paint. :(

Klutz.

Good to have ya back, CA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
I actually cut a one inch wide slit down the side of a duece for a holder, because I use an extra large cup, and I have a regulator mounted at the bottom, so it wont fit on most stands. The gun goes in the slit, and the cup rests on the inside of the bucket, so there is an added bonus of a spill catcher built in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts