Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, Art Mars here, I've been painting since I was 14, which is 40+ years. I've lived in Oklahoma, Kansas, and California, and have used similar painting methods in all three states for most applications. I found this site as I googled 'primers' hoping to get a leg up on wallpaper removal post priming, as I don't have a lot of experience in that. (As i, best primer to use after wallpaper abd before paint) Being that I was originally trained at a time when water based paints were new, I have learned a lot over the years, have used probably most brands of paint, and some that are now extinct. My field of expertise has been quality hand painting, texture matching, and quick, effecient hole repair; but I also have a knack for research and development. I make my own stains for furniture mods, repair, and new product. I don't know it all, but I know what has worked well in my many years of product use.

;)

·
Registered
5,515 Posts
Hello, drywall conditioner works well after ripping that nasty outdated product off the walls, and before skim coating.
Enjoy PT, I do.

:)

·
Right!
873 Posts
Welcome to PT...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Welcome.
You mix your own stain?. I'm sure many on here do. It just impresses me when I hear people that could do that. I used to work with a cabinet and furniture maker that mixed his own stain colors. I wish I had payed closer attention to him. I want to take a class or do some research to do that. It makes a craftsman a craftsman.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts