Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Handle with care
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll try not to be too long winded. I've been on for a couple of weeks now and I've realized that I neglected to introduce myself so here goes...

Hi everyone, I'm Rob from the Greater Vancouver, Fraser Valley Region in BC, Canada. I'm a general contractor (yes I know this is a professional painter's forum), and I'm hoping you'll be so gracious as to allow me to participate in this forum just the same.

My partner and I have been in business for just over two years. Our market focus is commercial tenant improvements and food and beverage plant repairs & maintenance, restoration and renovations. We started out pretty much hands on everything (other than plumbing and electrical), including CAD design, demo, framing, insulation & VB, drywall, T-bar, painting, millwork, finishing and flooring.

So this is why I'm here. As our business is growing, I'm functioning more in the capacity of project manager as we're sub-contracting most of the framing, drywall, T-bar and flooring that we used to do. While I am enjoying this role we still really enjoy the painting, millwork and finishing aspect of our projects and plan to stay "hands on" this. I find it very rewarding to put that coat of paint on toward the end of a project and watch the concept we started with on a computer screen become the reality our client wished for.

We find that this this type of work provides countless opportunities to network with our customers' clients and suppliers which more often than not leads to another project! Our business model has been successful thus far and we're eager to learn as much as possible from you pros and share our challenges and successes with you.

Cheers,

Rob

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
It's crazy how many canadian PARTICULARLY BC members are new in the last few months!

Maybe cause none of us are working and need something to do........ ?? :thumbup:

·
Rock On
2,451 Posts
Hello Rob, and Welcome!

...and yes, for a while now I've tried to be sure to answer any Q's about sundry/tool/product prices with the designation USD when replying as we have so many Canadian members on board now

It's a good thing

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Greetings

I am also a painting contractor from Vancouver BC, but I focus on the west side of Vancouver, from UBC area to Main street (as far east as I travel).

Mostly I do exterior and interior repaints/restorations of older homes in this area, as is typical of the west side. Wealthy occupants with old falling apart homes.

·
Right!
873 Posts
Welcome

1 - 9 of 9 Posts