Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My Graco is leaking here. Even When I put a tip on it leaks through the threads at gun.
I have tightened black part. Set Allen screw also. I have not taken it apart yet. It is my bosses gun off his dedicated water base urethane sprayer. He does leave it loaded with product for weeks on end. I have in vain tried to get him to wash periodically, but he uses every few days and believes it’s fine. Could it be a dried build up in mechanism causing trigger to not fully close when you let go of handle. He was spraying and all of a sudden it started leaking out of there. I flushed with water etc, and it is still doing it.

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
What's in there is a replaceable needle with a ball bearing that sits against a tungsten carbide seat. If there is any material stuck in there (likely) it will prevent the needle valve from closing. The ball bearing can also wear over time and cause spits but if it's something all of a sudden occuring then you probably got something stuck in there.

If it's leaking from the gun threads then you probably blew out an oring in there and you just swap in a new packing kit

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What's in there is a replaceable needle with a ball bearing that sits against a tungsten carbide seat. If there is any material stuck in there (likely) it will prevent the needle valve from closing. The ball bearing can also wear over time and cause spits but if it's something all of a sudden occuring then you probably got something stuck in there.

If it's leaking from the gun threads then you probably blew out an oring in there and you just swap in a new packing kit
Thanks. New needle assembly on the way!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts