Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Listen I'm not an expert on siding but I think the job I'm bidding on is Hardy board..It has that stamped look to the grain and is all uniform......

Anyways the back of the house has dark blotches to it..It hasn't been painted for 18 years and the rest of the siding is obviously faded...But those damn blotches are darker and appear to be wet but they are not..Anyone seen this before?..The front,and sides are perfectly faded without blotches..Customer says that the insulation is good...My first thought is to prime the back with oil just to make sure the dark patches don't come back...The siding is light grey.

·
Registered
295 Posts
straight_lines said:
Pretty much any HQ exterior paint you choose will look good.
Exactly ,I just shot my house with some left over SW A-100 satin ,it's hardy board..... Looks great! And covers like a foot of snow

·
Registered
295 Posts
BreatheEasyHP said:
Does anyone else have problems with overlap lines when spraying only one coat on hardi with no backroll?
I don't, but I half lap everything when I spray... And I rarely backroll any surface but elastomeric on stucco unless the HO insists or it is something that needs serious hiding.

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
Does anyone else have problems with overlap lines when spraying only one coat on hardi with no backroll?
Depends on what product you are spraying. Fast drying acrylics especially in higher sheen will give you problems. In certain paints like Duration gloss you have to paint left to right 5 or 6 boards at a time, with extender or it will lap.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hardi - prime plus manufactured

I am new to sit and coming in the back door Im sure .
But I need a answer that nobody seems to have . The question is - What is the mil spec on factory applied " prime plus " primer on pre-primed hardi ? Zone 10 Washington State
Thanks
Steve

·
Administrator
19,782 Posts
It was originally developed over 100 years ago. How long it's been out in it's present form I'm not quite sure. We put it on our house back in 98 and it had been around for quite some time prior to that.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts