Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
2nd Carrier Painter
11 Posts
Cut prices? What on earth are you talking about? I have been busier than ever the whole year. Same prices but more volume this year. I get offers to look at 5-6 jobs per week and can only look at 2. This will be another good year.

·
Premium Member
14,974 Posts
The Covid 19 virus has created a whole new industry in barriers and distancing. For example, everywhere I go I see these plexi glass barriers. I know those are very expensive to install.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I’m also super busy but a lot of smaller jobs one to 3 days and since I’m laid off since March I did lower my prices by little not much but still very busy.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I was thinking about offering "limited services" meanwhile jacking the price up 50%!
Seems to be working for grocery stores and restaurants around here.
I have noticed this year the rate of my cabinet painting quotes being accepted has gone down, but have received more calls.

·
Super Moderator
Journeyman Painting Contractor
2,112 Posts
I was thinking about offering "limited services" meanwhile jacking the price up 50%!
Seems to be working for grocery stores and restaurants around here.
I have noticed this year the rate of my cabinet painting quotes being accepted has gone down, but have received more calls.
Right. Have you seen the price on p100 replacement filters? And Lumber? Now One of the major grocery chains here in NL Canada is on strike because they want pandemic pay for being an essential worker, even though we have zero cases right now..
Funny, because I'd say your lucky to have a job right now.(Unions, eye roll) Ive been busy, as well, but would feel like such a douche raising my prices during a pandemic.

·
Super Moderator
6,400 Posts
Right. Have you seen the price on p100 replacement filters? And Lumber? Now One of the major grocery chains here in NL Canada is on strike because they want pandemic pay for being an essential worker, even though we have zero cases right now..
Funny, because I'd say your lucky to have a job right now.(Unions, eye roll) Ive been busy, as well, but would feel like such a douche raising my prices during a pandemic.

Is that the Loblaw's chain? They caught a lot of flack when they pulled back the $2 pandemic pay a while back.

I'd agree on being lucky to have a job at this point. I said that to a young guy yesterday who works the front desk at the local nursing home I painted at yesterday. Guy was whining about having to do the night shift where he's literally got absolutely nothing to do all night except for watch movies on his phone.

I raised my prices early spring and didn't feel bad about it whatsoever. I was due.

·
Super Moderator
Journeyman Painting Contractor
2,112 Posts
Is that the Loblaw's chain? They caught a lot of flack when they pulled back the $2 pandemic pay a while back.

I'd agree on being lucky to have a job at this point. I said that to a young guy yesterday who works the front desk at the local nursing home I painted at yesterday. Guy was whining about having to do the night shift where he's literally got absolutely nothing to do all night except for watch movies on his phone.

I raised my prices early spring and didn't feel bad about it whatsoever. I was due.
Yep. Apparently Loblaws took over dominion and have been keeping wages low. But, I mean $15/hr for a cashier seems par for the course?? Especially in NL.
All the same, to go on strike during a world pandemic on our food supply. WTF are they thinking?? We live on an island for crying out loud.

·
Registered
10,569 Posts
I’m in Chicago and am overwhelmed with work right now. I’ve got some openings in December and towards the end of January. We had a few weeks off when the lockdown started in March, but I kept my pricing the same and am grateful for it. There's nothing worse than doing discounted work when you are slammed.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
I’m in Chicago and am overwhelmed with work right now. I’ve got some openings in December and towards the end of January. We had a few weeks off when the lockdown started in March, but I kept my pricing the same and am grateful for it. There's nothing worse than doing discounted work when you are slammed.
I am the same way. When Covid started I had a bit of a slow down....now I am slammed. Already starting to book work for the Spring. Getting calls to paint entire interiors. I hope it lasts. Thinking about raising my rates. It has been about 3 years, so it about time that I increased my labor costs.

Sent from my SM-A600U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
196 Posts
Nope, just the opposite, but like Gwarel said, we are older and well established. Repeat business is the backbone of our business as well as a great reputation in the community. Word of mouth generates a lot of new work for us plus reviews online and minimal marketing.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts