Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, my name is mark, i am a painter and and owner of a very small company called MTH Specialty Coatings. I also do minor home repairs, and property maintenance however by trade I am a painter. I ran as a one man opperation for 4 years until the jobs kept getting larger in scale and found myself in a position that unless I hired help I was either going to die from working so much just to keep up or miss jobs because I couldnt get to them quick enough. I now have one lady painter that is considered full time. A female painter/helper that comes in when needed. And a carpenter that is full time that is so so with paint and can brush back or roll if need be. I am looking to connect with other paint contractors and love to hear new tricks of the trade and what is or isnt working for others. I consider myself a student of the trade i read, try, and test anything paint related I honestly love painting and truely enjoy my work. So learning anything from anyone that helps me make $$$ is a great thing as well. Im by no means new to the paint world I have been around the block so to speak. But you never know it all but that doesnt mean you shouldnt try.

A little background on me. I am a Veteran of the U.S. Air force honorably discharged years ago. I managed a retail furniture store for 9 years. Got to where I simply could not stand working retail, rasing my daughter by myself I figured life should atleast be enjoyable to some degree for her and I. So I went in search of a new job. I worked as a door to door insurance salesman. Worked as a heavy equipment opp. With a pipeline crew. Worked for F.E.M.A as a carpenter. Worked for the Arkansas state parks dept. As a maint. Man. And worked for a very large paint contractor. I had been thinking for a very long time about going into business for myself. My town is a town of about 5000 people and I saw a need for a handyman service, so I started one. And it grew and grew and grew, to the point that we pretty much only paint. I have painted anything from front porches to factories, if you own a huquavarna chainsaw I painted the interior of one of their factories.

I am happily married father of 4. I dont have much time for hobbies, however I am a very avid deer hunter.

Looking forward to being a part of this forum.

·
Registered
91 Posts
G'day Mark!

I agree with the other lads; fantastic introduction.

I love reading about how fellow painters got into the game so thanks for taking the time to write that all out for us!

I look forward to chatting with you in the future, mate!

John.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts