Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI;

I work with my dad doing general home repair / remodel work. We've also been the GC for a couple new projects. My dad used to do exterior paint jobs full time back in the late 80's.
We're getting into a few more painting jobs again and I came across this forum when reading what people though of Aura. I just painted my own kitchen with it and I am quite happy with it's performance. I'm planing to spray a exterior with it next month.

Jamie

·
Dan
533 Posts
Welcome fellow Wiscononite! I was born in Appleton. My Dad's family was from Menasha. Looking forward to you joining in here.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello from Shawano, just an hour and half away, welcome to PT. Our company is a paint retailer, along with being a regional distributor of PPG, P&L and B.M. along with paint sundries and glass and mirror. Who are you buying your paint from? Not looking to steal your business just wondering if its Jean's Paint, a nice retailer close to you.

Greg

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hello from Shawano, just an hour and half away, welcome to PT. Our company is a paint retailer, along with being a regional distributor of PPG, P&L and B.M. along with paint sundries and glass and mirror. Who are you buying your paint from? Not looking to steal your business just wondering if its Jean's Paint, a nice retailer close to you.

Greg
Thanks everyone for the welcome.

Where is Jean's Paint?

Used to buy everything from Mautz, good prices for quality products. Then they got bought out by SW and most of the Mautz paint isn't made anymore.

Though my dad had a lot of experience, he had not used much outside the Matuz line. After Mautz sold to SW, we foolishly tried some "cheaper" paints and learned right away what junk they are. (exterior paint failed, & interior was a nightmare to apply).

We bought some from the SW store that used to be Mautz, the SW we used all worked well (It's all more expensive than what matuz used to be). Now I've mainly been getting BM from the local Truevalue. They have a guy at the store that has been in paint for 25 years and does a great job. A year ago they also started to carry Aura. I've been quite happy with the performance of all of the BM paints that we have used.

Jamie

1 - 9 of 9 Posts