Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Paint Mixer
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I am in Pittsburgh, PA and have been in the industrial coatings field for 12 years. I began as a general laborer, grinding flame cut edges on bridge bearings to prep them for metallizing. Eventually, I became a painter, then estimator/project manager, outside sales, VP- sales and estimating, and now I am self-employed, providing independent sales services for shop/field/and powder coating.

I am also a full-time college student, studying culinary arts. Don't ask... I STILL don't know what I want to be when I grow up.

Chances are I am not going to leave this field. I thought I would join the forum, see what people are talking about, and learn what I can. I plan to pursue NACE I and II this year, and survey what options there are moving forward.

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
A man who paints and cooks, my kind of guy!:thumbup:
Welcome to the forum, we have a few guys here that should be along shortly to offer you advice, Nace and painter213 (benny) come to mind. The bulk of the members here are more into residential and commercial work, still a wealth of info, welcome!

·
Administrator
19,582 Posts
Welcome to PT!

·
very senior member
9,848 Posts
A Pittsburgh, painter, cook, student.:eek: You need to get in touch with Tim H, he is out there in your'e town.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Hi! I am in Pittsburgh, PA and have been in the industrial coatings field for 12 years. I began as a general laborer, grinding flame cut edges on bridge bearings to prep them for metallizing. Eventually, I became a painter, then estimator/project manager, outside sales, VP- sales and estimating, and now I am self-employed, providing independent sales services for shop/field/and powder coating.

I am also a full-time college student, studying culinary arts. Don't ask... I STILL don't know what I want to be when I grow up.

Chances are I am not going to leave this field. I thought I would join the forum, see what people are talking about, and learn what I can. I plan to pursue NACE I and II this year, and survey what options there are moving forward.
yup you don't want to move backward!:eek:. Welcome to the forum !!!!:thumbsup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts