Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, my name is aaron and i live in orange county southern california. I am a young aspiring firefighter candidate who is stuck in a competitive job market with a crummy economy not helping very much so i've decided to keep my options open and painting sounds interesting!

I was wondering what courses/classes/schools,etc. you guys the pros recommended for preparing me for the C-33 test. I'd love to hear from you all if you'd like you can shoot me an email with any valuble info to whats available in Southern California.

[email protected] :thumbup:

·
Banned
14,174 Posts
Welcome from southern Cali
You need to work for a painting contractor for about 5 years. Or, You could pay me and i will teach you on my job sites, since i am near you and all. I would give you my PT deal at 200 bucks an hr.

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
Welcome!
Gabe (ewingpaint) isn't kidding about having to work for a contractor first. I believe Cali is the same as Utah in that regard. In addition to passing the test, having insurance/bond and some other items, you have to have W2 wages showing experience. Gabe can tell you for sure.
Check here for more info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts