Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up guys. I am a new member and have been reading some of the threads. I have been cracking up at some of the posts. New to this so I will take all the help I can get. I have been painting on the side for years but just decided to trake the plunge into self employment. Working out of Brentwood, TN. Going to focus on repaints (interior/exterior). Right now my biggest challenge is finding good help. Any suggestions?

·
17,818 Posts
Welcome to the forum. When you say new to this do you mean painting or being a business owner?

Good help is hard to find pay them well and expect to go through many till you find a good fit. Put some money aside for advertising because once the phone stops ringing the money stops too.

In between the laughs go through the business and marketing section, there is a lot of solid info there.

·
17,818 Posts
Congrats on taking the plunge.

I like the Nashville area, I get up there a fair amount. We take the kids to the zoo quite a bit during summer vacation.

·
A Brush Above
4,669 Posts
Welcome. Good help is hard to find. Pay them well and treat them fair when you do find them. If they try to take advantage of you dump them quick.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the heads up Mr Fix. I however am choosing not to pay attention to the "economy". I had a lady tell me the other day that she just didn't know what to do because of the recession. I asked her where she found out about the recession. She said she watches the news. I told her to not watch the news. My experience is that people have money and they like spending it on their homes. So business is great for me!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts