Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So one of my guys had the pump leak on the driveway on the way to the truck. They tried wiping it up but it was smearing it in worse and there was no water at the house. So now I have this line of paint. I scraped the majority of it up but it's still a pretty distinct line. Any recommendations on how to get this cleaned up? I had thought goof off but I know that cleans up tar too and I dont want to make this into a bigger problem.

·
Super Moderator
Licensed General Contractor, Painting Contractor
2,347 Posts
In order to know the best way to remove a paint, we'd have to know what the paint IS you're trying to remove. Curious as to how the house was washed or prepped without water?

·
Administrator
20,265 Posts
Get a dark gray marker and…

Reactions: Mike2coat

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Get a dark gray marker and…
By now, (imo) it's time to get a color that blends with the asphalt...unless you have good relationship with the cient.
I spilled some silver acrylic (fortunately on a friend/client's concrete driveway), waited a year and fixed by fading it out after a localized hand sanding ....I love mixing colors so it wasn't a a biggie...
Get some artist brushes, sand it a bit and tone it away.
When I think about it, all paint stores should have a color to match asphalt....they could call it Crisis Black..hehe..
Not to belittle your situation, but its just something (my perspective) that u haven't done before...Sometimes stuff happens to push into being better..again..just my thoughts..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts