Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Painting Contractor
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello i am looking to buy new sprayer i am working full time as a contractor . but painting is only 15% of my jobs but still i would want to have something decent that does the job both interior and exterior when i need i used to have wagner 250m it worked for a while but stopped working now also accessories and replacement parts was expensive and compatibility with other sprayer parts or universal ones was not great nozzles dont fit .
Things i would want to consider is price , price of replacement parts . as well as accessories compatibility (nozzles and others )

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
Hello i am looking to buy new sprayer i am working full time as a contractor . but painting is only 15% of my jobs but still i would want to have something decent that does the job both interior and exterior when i need i used to have wagner 250m it worked for a while but stopped working now also accessories and replacement parts was expensive and compatibility with other sprayer parts or universal ones was not great nozzles dont fit .
Things i would want to consider is price , price of replacement parts . as well as accessories compatibility (nozzles and others )
don't know which are available in your area most members here are based in USA.
graco 395-695
titan 440-640 (titan is rebranded as waner in europe; not the same wagner as USA)
tritech t5/t7

IMO quality:
tritech #1
graco #2
titan #3

parts availability:
graco #1
titan/wagner #2
tritech #3

Tips and 'nozzles' and hoses are all pretty much compatible with the same standard threading. At most you might have to swap a tip guard to use graco FFLP with a titan or something, depends on your setup.

Price they're all abut the same really. Titan/Wagner maybe a bit lower cost but not much.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ask your local shops if they can get you a deal on a good pump. IMO if you can't afford the investment for a real sprayer you should rent until you can. Crappy DIY sprayers are unreliable and a hole to throw money into.

I agree. I suggest the Graco 395, works well and can handle exterior paints. I wouldn't put any masonry paints through it, but standard latex and oil work fine.

·
Registered
Painting Contractor
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tnx for answers i just checked pur local store and they sell tritech only . So is qt190,290 or t4 any good ? T4 looks like t5 just no stand . And same spec . But like qt290is slightly cheaper and even gives better specs

·
Registered
29 Posts
Tnx for answers i just checked pur local store and they sell tritech only . So is qt190,290 or t4 any good ? T4 looks like t5 just no stand . And same spec . But like qt290is slightly cheaper and even gives better specs
Tritech makes an amazing sprayer. They’re not cheap but if you can afford one, it’s worth it imho. Go for the t4. You won’t regret it.

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
What about qtech qt290 or qt190
. Dealers in shop said qt290 is like t7 and its cheaper then t4 or any other i couls get one for 1600
Qtech looks like old rebranded airlessco stuff. Look up a manual and see how much easier it is to repack and maintenance the tritech pump. Get the tritech! T4 has less GPM but its a better machine all around IMO.

·
Registered
29 Posts
What about qtech qt290 or qt190
. Dealers in shop said qt290 is like t7 and its cheaper then t4 or any other i couls get one for 1600
Not familiar with qtech. Sorry. When I typed t4, I was meaning to reference tritech t5. I still stand by that recommendation: Tritech is far superior to any other airless I’ve ever used (Graco, Titan). It may or may not fit your use as you only painting on a small amount of your jobs so I guess you have to make a judgement call there.

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
Not familiar with qtech. Sorry. When I typed t4, I was meaning to reference tritech t5. I still stand by that recommendation: Tritech is far superior to any other airless I’ve ever used (Graco, Titan). It may or may not fit your use as you only painting on a small amount of your jobs so I guess you have to make a judgement call there.
look up the manual for some of the qtech it is just rebranded old airlessco (graco) stuff. good pumps but nightmare to work on and a dinosuar as far as the electronics. expensive maintence with lots of wear parts and finiky orings. tritech is probably the easiest pump out there to work on and built to last

·
Registered
29 Posts
look up the manual for some of the qtech it is just rebranded old airlessco (graco) stuff. good pumps but nightmare to work on and a dinosuar as far as the electronics. expensive maintence with lots of wear parts and finiky orings. tritech is probably the easiest pump out there to work on and built to last
Yeah, they kinda looked like Graco from the pics I saw. Maybe this is the wrong advice for the OP’s situation as Graco does certainly make several passable pumps but I would be careful putting too much weight behind a sales rep’s take on Tritech pumps, especially if they have never used one and ESPECIALLY if they are just trying to sell OP a qtech.

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
Yeah, they kinda looked like Graco from the pics I saw. Maybe this is the wrong advice for the OP’s situation as Graco does certainly make several passable pumps but I would be careful putting too much weight behind a sales rep’s take on Tritech pumps, especially if they have never used one and ESPECIALLY if they are just trying to sell OP a qtech.
I work on pumps and there is a good reason this style of pump is no longer manufactured, looks exactly like the old airlessco LP690 design qtech may be even a chinese clone if not manufactured by graco. The housing looks like a graco part but afaik graco never used belleville springs in any of they're modern designs.
Product Font Parallel Rectangle Diagram

Font Parallel Rectangle Pattern Number

·
Registered
177 Posts
See if you can talk to your local sprayer rep. Your local paint store will know who they are. I have bought 2 sprayers in the past that I got an awesome deal on by talking to them. One was a Speeflo 4500 with both the gas and electric motor conversion which was a demo but had never touched paint. The other was a Titan 640 that someone bought and claimed had an issue with the computer, so he returned it. They put a new computer in and sold it to me for half price. I still use it regularly 20 years later and have never had a problem with it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts