Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I built a table for my outdoor patio. I am a beginner at painting, sealing ect. I applied a coat of Olympic Maximum Clear Waterproofing Sealant. I was told that was what I needed. I wanted a smooth, slick table top. So, I applied one coat, waited 24 hours and sanded with 220 sandpaper. It was still gummy. I sanded out the wood and applied another coat. Am I on the right path? I was going to go get some polyurethane and apply on top of the sealant. Will that work?

·
Registered
953 Posts
I hate to break it to you, but this thread is probably going to get locked and you will most likely get banned. That being said, do a search of the archives and check out some DIY forums. Personally, if I wanted to stain a table and have a slick hard finish, I would stain it with Zar or minwax and then put 3-5 coats of either McCloskey's or Minwax spar urethane on it in your desired sheen.

·
Super Moderator
6,466 Posts
Thanks for posting on PaintTalk.com. The Moderators of this forum would prefer if you post Do It Yourself related topics on our sister site www.DIYChatroom.com

PaintTalk.com is designed for professional painting contractors and the related fields to discuss issues and topics pertaining to the painting industries. Many of our professional contractors are also members at DIYChatroom.com and are looking forward to assist you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com If your not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.diychatroom.com/register.php/

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. This thread has been closed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.