Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Festool Retailer
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, Sean here from The Tool Nut. We operate two sites, toolnut.com and festoolproducts.com. I came across this site thanks to the boys at Festool USA. The launch of the Planex is a big deal for us and of course Festool. We want to be able to provide some on the spot support for you, so any questions or concerns please shoot me an email ([email protected]) or phone calls 1-877-TOOLNUT or I'll be sure to keep an eye out for relevant threads.

Looking forward to working with a new group of folks. We've spent a lot of time over on the festoolownersgroup.com and there is a ton of great info there for those of you considering a Planex or RRP compliant sanding systems, etc.

·
A Brush Above
4,669 Posts
Welcome Sean, the festool koolaid has not been drunk by all, so there may be some haters out here. Don't worry buddy, i got your back. I put the planex through its paces and will for the next 2 weeks. I'll vouch that it is a sound product, but I'm at day one, my goal is to brutalize this tool and report back.

For anyone nonplussed with this festool conversation going on lately, i am truly trying to advocate on your behalf. I like what I have seen so far, not thrilled about the cost prohibitive nature of this product line, but if it does its job, can outlast having to buy multiples of the same tool in lifetime usage, I think the initial cost can be justified.

Welcome Sean, and thanks for selling me the planex.

·
Administrator
19,582 Posts
Welcome to PT!

·
Festool Retailer
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome Sean, the festool koolaid has not been drunk by all, so there may be some haters out here. Don't worry buddy, i got your back. I put the planex through its paces and will for the next 2 weeks. I'll vouch that it is a sound product, but I'm at day one, my goal is to brutalize this tool and report back.

For anyone nonplussed with this festool conversation going on lately, i am truly trying to advocate on your behalf. I like what I have seen so far, not thrilled about the cost prohibitive nature of this product line, but if it does its job, can outlast having to buy multiples of the same tool in lifetime usage, I think the initial cost can be justified.

Welcome Sean, and thanks for selling me the planex.
Thanks for all the hello's guys. Looking forward to becoming part of the community.

Paradigmzz, please let us know. Remember the price aspect of things, obviously it won't be hard to as it is what most remember about Festool, especially those who haven't used the line before. Reason I say remember is because I'm 95% sure you'll see, as will other new initiates that these tools will pay for themselves within the first job or two. After that you will increase your operating margins significantly. A tool that saves you hours, or even just 20 minutes here or there on cleanup, or a tool that gets you through a sanding job 30 minutes quicker... Extrapolate that out over a year. The tool is now worth 10 x's it's price in all that time it's saved you. It's simple math.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts