Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick intro.. Ken.. My company is PressurePros, Inc based in the Philadelphia Suburbs. We do primarily residential deck restoration, house washing, and masonry cleaning and sealing.

Many of you guys probably know my rantings on ContractorTalk or the various pressure washing forums.

·
FT painter/FT dad
1,254 Posts
Hey Ken...you made it.

·
Rock On
2,451 Posts
I'll send you some real Chowdah and Fish'n'Chips if you send me a real Philly Cheesesteak

Oh, and welcome
:)

·
Registered
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the greets..

Slick.. deal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
new to paint talk

Thanks all for the warm welcome. All of your posts are helpful,informative and entertaining. As a new contractor, experienced advice regarding the business end is very appreciated. I enjoyed all the posts regarding favorite brushes, and I have a few, but when I worked with old time painters years ago Baker was all they would use. I don't see them around anymore, picked a 3" nylon up on ebay for a mere $7.00 and it's great for applications needing a stiffer brush. Anyone know what happened to Baker.
Thanks dp ken

·
Administrator
20,269 Posts
I've seen hijacked threads before but this takes it to a whole new level.:blink:
(Or is Ken from PP branching out?)

·
Registered
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have to admit, I was a little perplexed, too. Unless I have multiple personality disorder. My other ego is a painter? I better get on some heavy duty meds ;)

·
A Brush Above
4,669 Posts
Hi ken, glad to have you on paint talk. I would be happy to give you advice on pressure washing. Not everyone is cut out to make it in this field, so keep your chin up, and listen to the sound advice here on PT. After all this site is where all the magic happens. Good luck!

·
Registered
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi ken, glad to have you on paint talk. I would be happy to give you advice on pressure washing. Not everyone is cut out to make it in this field, so keep your chin up, and listen to the sound advice here on PT. After all this site is where all the magic happens. Good luck!

You just earned a thanks, buddy. I'll keep my ears open and mouth shut.

·
Administrator
20,269 Posts
Ken (PP) - even though you're new to pressure washing, I need some help. Interesting in knowing do I need a license (and if so - what kind?) to operate a pressure washer in Oregon, Washington, Idaho, California, Nevada, Montana, Wyoming, or Alaska (I'm interested in selling franchise rights eventually)? Is insurance and bonding required - how much?

What's the best machine (HD has some nicely priced ones) and best sized tips to use? Right now I tend to end up writing bad words on the side of the houses I'm washing so I don't think I'm doing it right.

Also, is regular water okay or should I go with distilled?

Thanks,
Newbie from Oregon

note: I originally posted this back in 08 but never got a reply - what gives? Thought you guys were here to help?

·
PinheadsUnite
30,724 Posts
Ken (PP) - even though you're new to pressure washing, I need some help. Interesting in knowing do I need a license (and if so - what kind?) to operate a pressure washer in Oregon, Washington, Idaho, California, Nevada, Montana, Wyoming, or Alaska (I'm interested in selling franchise rights eventually)? Is insurance and bonding required - how much?

What's the best machine (HD has some nicely priced ones) and best sized tips to use? Right now I tend to end up writing bad words on the side of the houses I'm washing so I don't think I'm doing it right.

Also, is regular water okay or should I go with distilled?

Thanks,
Newbie from Oregon

note: I originally posted this back in 08 but never got a reply - what gives? Thought you guys were here to help?

Reactions: RH
1 - 20 of 25 Posts