Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

Hi From RI

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  slickshift 
#1 ·
Hi Folks,
I am just getting back into painting after being out of the business for 17 years. Before that I painted full time from the early 70's thru 1989. Had my own company for a number of years, main work was on older homes/building. Repaired old horse hair plaster walls, alot of mud (joint compound) work as well. Onething I can tell you, don't get out for 17 years then start moving and climbing ladders again. I forgot how much your feet and body can hurt :) But it is good to be back in the trade I love doing. Right now I am just doing some sub-contracting from a couple of people I know. Thought it would be a good way to find out if I still have it and I do lol.

Bill

#3 ·
Hey Bill-nice to meet you

What part of RI? I just finished a job in Cranston and have one going in Coventry at the moment. I work a lot in RI.

I look forward to your experience as I am constantly looking to learn.

#7 ·
Hey Wolverine, I lived in Greenwood for a couple years back in the 70's. Worked for a construction company while I was there, built a stone crusher in a quarry near Columbia, also built mausoleums in Greenwood. That was a fun job. I was in eveyones grave before they were. With a stone for smoothing the concret and filled the air pockets (holes) so they were nice and smooth inside. Not the type of work I thought I would be doing, but when you work for a construction company. You never know what they'll have you do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.