Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. Jon Hundt here, proprietor and sole employee of Golden West Painting in Bussum, the Netherlands.

I'm 58 and from California. Painting since 1982 or thereabouts. Learned the trade on high-end residential interior work, switched to foreman for a low-end exterior residential company, then worked for the City of Oakland CA (that was a cushy job!). Moved to Holland in 2000, started my own company and am doing reasonably well.

Things are different over here. The paints and non-paint products, the tools, the work attitude... it took a while to get it, but I got it.

You wouldn't believe the cost of paint here. A liter of quality exterior enamel is about US$ 80.00 or more... that's a liter (about a quart), NOT a gallon! USA brands are not available.

I have recently tried importing some Sherwin Williams products. I am hoping to use this forum to keep up on developments back in the USA.

·
Registered
14,969 Posts
Hi everyone. Jon Hundt here, proprietor and sole employee of Golden West Painting in Bussum, the Netherlands.

I'm 58 and from California. Painting since 1982 or thereabouts. Learned the trade on high-end residential interior work, switched to foreman for a low-end exterior residential company, then worked for the City of Oakland CA (that was a cushy job!). Moved to Holland in 2000, started my own company and am doing reasonably well.

Things are different over here. The paints and non-paint products, the tools, the work attitude... it took a while to get it, but I got it.

You wouldn't believe the cost of paint here. A liter of quality exterior enamel is about US$ 80.00 or more... that's a liter (about a quart), NOT a gallon! USA brands are not available.

I have recently tried importing some Sherwin Williams products. I am hoping to use this forum to keep up on developments back in the USA.
Welcome Jon!

I work around your old stomping grounds! West Oakland has been building up recently with lofts and condominiums, but the building bust has slowed it up some. You have to admit, Oakland has probably the best weather in Northern California. Good luck to you and your pursuits in Holland!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts