Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
FasterBetterCheaper
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone regularly used a hot water tap or blend with cold through a cold water pressure washer? Has it done any long-term damage?

Just looking at Sun Joe's manuals, they recommend no more than 'lukewarm' water. Elsewhere it says, "The operating temperature must be between 32ºF (0ºC) and 104ºF (40ºC)". Elsewhere it specifies that as "inlet temperature".

Really, 32? Ok.
I want to run hot right from the client's garage threaded tap. But will it ruin my pressure washer?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I am no expert in pressure washer equipment. However, assuming that yours is a Sun Joe, then I wouldn't exceed 104F as it comes out of the tap. Typical hot water heater temp will be around 120F. If it's that important, perhaps ask the client if you can turn the temp down on their water heated for a couple of days. (Assuming it's a tank heater you'll need to turn it down at least a day in advance to let the water in it cool, and then check the temp).

But hey - maybe someone who is an expert in pressure washing equipment will say otherwise.

·
Super Moderator
Journeyman Painting Contractor
2,818 Posts
Why would you want to use that hot of water anyhow? First of all, that would be very expensive for the client, second you may burn yourself. Most house washes are designed for cold/luke warm water anyhow. :unsure:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts