Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My home was built before stucco was common. It uses T1-11 plywood siding. I had it professionally prepped and repainted about 3 years ago and most of it still looks really good. However, there are a few patches on west-facing surfaces that the sun has really beat up (see attached photo). I am trying to find a way to fix these areas so that I can repaint them and have them look better.

Wood Text Wall Plank Line

It is not the paint that's peeling, it's the surface of the siding. I have been pondering how this could be fixed, but everything that I can think of would probably not come out well. For example, if I belt sand them off or scrape them off, I think they will still look like crap after repainting. I have also considered filling the lifted areas with exterior glue or caulk, then repainting. I don't think that will look good, either.

If you have dealt with this type of problem in the past, were you able to fix it? If so, what did you do?

THANK YOU!

·
Administrator
21,728 Posts
Thanks for posting on PaintTalk.com. The Moderators of this forum would prefer that you post Do It Yourself related topics on our sister site.www.DIYChatroom.com

PaintTalk.com is designed for professional painting contractors and the related fields to discuss issues and topics pertaining to the painting industries. Many of our professional contractors are also members at DIYChatroom.com and are looking forward to assisting you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com If you're not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.diychatroom.com/register.php .

This thread is now closed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.