Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I just want an opinion, This is a typical house that I may paint 50-75 times a year. If you will notice the double "A"'s on the front and realize that this picture doesn't do justice to how steep and narrow the lower roofline is. How would you set yourself up to paint the corner where the a's meet? I typically use ladder hooks but am always open to new ideas

4,698 Posts
I would get up on the lower roof holding on to the edge of the upper roof. There is very little surface to paint so you won't be up there that long. Use a small cut pot with a ladder hook, reach as far as you can, angle the ladder to get the blind spot.

· Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was kidding, about the falls(it was actually in response to "sissy") The ladder hooks work well, and I've used a lift at a few sites but they can tear up the yard. thanks for the ideas tim

· Registered
2,385 Posts
1) Set your ladder up center over the peak on the lower A, and climb over. Should be able to reach the rest just fine. I like to set up center & climb over rather than to the side of the roof & climb on. Have had the ladder slide when attempting to get back on. Not fun.

2) When they're larger or steeper, take an plank up your ladder & push it up to the peak, put it on a ladder jack, and then you can just walk across.

3) Take a small ladder, or section of one of your ladders & put hooks on the top like you use when setting up on wires. Hook it on to the peak running down the roof so you can walk up & down safely. Just be careful so it doesn't come unhooked.

4) Extension pole with brush holder.

4,698 Posts
1) Set your ladder up center over the peak on the lower A, and climb over. Should be able to reach the rest just fine. I like to set up center & climb over rather than to the side of the roof & climb on. Have had the ladder slide when attempting to get back on. Not fun.

2) When they're larger or steeper, take an plank up your ladder & push it up to the peak, put it on a ladder jack, and then you can just walk across.

3) Take a small ladder, or section of one of your ladders & put hooks on the top like you use when setting up on wires. Hook it on to the peak running down the roof so you can walk up & down safely. Just be careful so it doesn't come unhooked.

4) Extension pole with brush holder.
Good advise brother:thumbsup:

· Registered
558 Posts
I would use a ladder section hooked over the peak too.

Or, I would set one ladder to the peak on the lower one, and another ladder on the back wall. Run the peak on the lower one and paint out far enough to reach from the ladder on the back wall and continue.

This might not sound wise, but very often I take part of a runner up with me and roll it up so the paint can sits level on it. If the can spills or drips, there's plenty of cloth to catch it. Like a pillow.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.