Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
How do you keep your cell phone clean?

I have an iPhone (don't give me crap, it's cool and useful). It works great as an iPod and I have an earpiece that let's me take important, and not so important calls. :whistling2: But, I'll tell you, I'm afraid to take it out of my pocket cause I might get paint on it. That would suck.

2 questions -

1. Do you guys use your phones while you work?
2. How do you keep it clean, especially the touchscreen models?

I have a touchscreen pouch that I use but it doesn't work well and you still have to touch the top of it sometimes.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I don't have a smart phone and really don't want one. I work for a living and am not sitting behind a desk so I have a phone that is made to with stand the riggers of the enviroment. ( This is not meant as a snide remark just the theory for why I chose my phone.) I have a Samsung Rugby, and I love it. I'm afraid to buy a smart phone I would have in broke within a month.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
iWork 2

Thanks Sean.

Some days are dirtier than others. When I've got colorfingers I try to use my knuckles on the touchscreen, but I'm with you about locking it away if it's really bad. People get pissed sometimes if I don't respond that day, but i'm like, "I work during the day."

Off to work on Saturday cuz it rained me out yesterday... :sweatdrop:

·
Right!
873 Posts
Blackjack 2 here. I love it and consider it my battle phone. It has a full leather case it goes into and clips on my belt. No problems as of yet.

·
Registered
10,569 Posts
I have a Blackbery Bold in an Otter box six days of the week. The way I look at it, if it's on a jobsite, it's GOING to get paint on it.....

Sunday I take it out so I can look "cool". :cool::cool::cool: (I know, I'm a dork)

·
Registered
576 Posts
I work! I have a smart phone. I would be lost without it. I just lock it my truck if I am going to be getting dirty.

I guess I should have said I'm rough as hell on phones. So I know I couldn't afford to continuly replace a smart phone.

·
Registered
576 Posts
You could get insurance on one and it would be a lot cheaper and you can replace it multiple times.

I may look into one the next time I get one. But I have only had the Rugby for a month so that will be a while. Plus I make fun of a lot of the people in my family because they got one just so they could do mobile facebook, and with all I've said I would have to eat crow. So as long I can talk and text, I'm good. I can live without a phone that irons my pants and makes a grilled cheese.:jester:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I may look into one the next time I get one. But I have only had the Rugby for a month so that will be a while. Plus I make fun of a lot of the people in my family because they got one just so they could do mobile facebook, and with all I've said I would have to eat crow. So as long I can talk and text, I'm good. I can live without a phone that irons my pants and makes a grilled cheese.:jester:
I hear Wooster is coming out with brush-phone that has a roller application.

·
Sole Proprietor
330 Posts
i dont like touchscreens for this very reason, but anyway, i myself have a motorola Q9C (windows mobile), and, don't LAUGH, i actually wrap it in Saran Wrap every day to keep dust/overspray from destroying it.
Before i wrap in saran wrap, the screen is covered by sticky plastic i get from Wallymart in their camera section, it costs $3.00 for LCD protectors, i just cut them to size, theni have a very lightweight thin silicone sleeve custom made/fitted for a Moto Q9 model.
having said all that, just go to www.ebay.com and you'll find all the ipod/iphone accessories you could ever want.:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts