Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Master Painter
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find that most of my jobs are within a 10 to 20 mile range from my home which is usually within my surrounding two counties of Middlesex & Monmouth here in New Jersey . But I often travel at least 30 miles for some jobs and have gone as far as 80 to 120 miles for some painting projects . How far do you guys go for jobs nowdays ? I listed a link to my service area on my website in case anyone has opinions . Take a look ....

This is how I have it laid out on my website ...

Link ... http://valentiandsonspainting.com/why%20us.php?page=why%20us.php

·
Registered
481 Posts
Just did an 1100 mile trip (each way) gilding, Head out in the morning (Sun.) for Kennett Square, PA...272 miles(marbling), then on the 15th head out to Park City, Utah,(gilding) get back and possibly head for Maine(straight paint).

·
Banned
14,174 Posts
I do a lot of local jobs, however it is not as much as I go out. My location is central to all big and major cities, their bout 60 to 80 miles from me. And I travel in every direction.

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
Most jobs are in the city, 50 miles one way. We have done several jobs hundreds of miles away, just bid on a project 360 miles from home!

·
Born To Be Mild
4,956 Posts
Living in Podunkville means most of my jobs are on the other side of the Chesapeake Bay. It is 35 miles to get to the other side.

·
PinheadsUnite
30,724 Posts
Sheeeet, PWG will travel 1200 miles to NOT work. I'd like to say he'd travel for the local brews, but Bud Light is brewed everywhere.

I guess getting out of StL is reward enough <BG>

But we all know that :whistling2:

·
PinheadsUnite
30,724 Posts
OH, should I actually add my answer to the OP ?

I try to limit myself to an hour away, but with traffic, that can be an hour in the morning but 1 1/2 coming home. I don't mind the distance, it's wasted time in traffic that bugs me. I'd happily do over an hour if the drive were pleasant.

·
Master Painter
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Most jobs are in the city, 50 miles one way. We have done several jobs hundreds of miles away, just bid on a project 360 miles from home!

360 miles away ? Wow , That's a drive ! I thought my little excursion to Maryland was a bit of a trek at 120 miles each way . :notworthy:

·
Born To Be Mild
4,956 Posts
360 miles away ? Wow , That's a drive ! I thought my little excursion to Maryland was a bit of a trek at 120 miles each way . :notworthy:
Why would you drive all the way down here? Just sub it out. I can reccomend a painter of ill-repute. :whistling2::whistling2:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts