Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,161 Posts
I don't do many exteriors anymore but when living in the northeast we did tons of aluminum houses using emulsabond and Moore gard/glo. My Dad would often point out houses we did 20 years prior that still looked good. T111 houses done with SW woodscapes solid stain tended to last around 10 years depending on exposure and condition of the siding when we did it.

We did a barn red hardy plank house here five years ago with aura that looks like we just did it yesterday. The house was only four years old when we painted it and the original paint (sw a100) was horribly faded. To be fair this house bakes in full sun all day everyday. We did it in the winter and the paint was still smoking when I was applying on one gable end that would never seem to go in the shade.

Next month I'm going back to do a big front porch railings and columns we did four years ago with SW Resilience. This time around I'm using SW Rain Refresh. For as much as I distrust paint company marketing claims Rain Refresh is pretty remarkable. I've used it on all my exterior trim and it definitely lives up to the marketing claims. Just a small example but my mailbox post is white and in a bed of black mulch. The bottom would always be caked in dirt which I thought would always be unavoidable. Two years ago I redid it with rain refresh and I haven't seen any dirt kicked up on it since.

·
Super Moderator
7,161 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts