Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... Just kidding you guys.

Old ContractorTalk.com lurker, new register to PaintTalk.com; Just wanting to introduce myself to the forum and say hello from Rochester, NY.

For starters,

I've been painting for roughly 9 years, not that long. I started off doing new residential construction and repaints, somehow fell into lead removal and rehabs, have helped on a couple commercial buildings, and am back to repaints, rehabs, and remodels. I've been working with the same gentleman who is now like an uncle to me for the length of time I've been painting.

I've enjoyed the 'CT' forum for some time a few years ago, but have just gotten back to it and discovered this forum along with it. I'm relatively passionate about my work and enjoy reading and learning about new things that I could use in our line of work.

Off topic wise, I'm 24, not married and no kids, and love fishing on my off time. Thanks for letting me share that with you guys, I hope I can bring as much to the table over time as I plan on taking.

Good day everyone. :thumbup:

·
17,849 Posts
Welcome to PT Pete. Great intro. This place can be a little tamer than Ct but there are a great bunch of guys here. I look forward to reading more of your posts.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Welcome aboard, so you started paintn at 14 or 15?
Interesting point. I read the 24 and the 9 but did not think about it.

Does this mean you woked as a teenager with someone?
How many years as a professional?
I started at 15 under the same guy I'm still working for till this day. 15 and 16 it was more of a part time job, around 17 I started working full time for him.

I'm not professional as far as being out on my own, at least not yet. My boss is slowly phasing out of the business, and it helping me phase into it. It wasn't up until this year that he's decided to start showing me the ropes of the business side of it.

Are you still doing Lead Abatement?
Not at all; Was not a fan to begin with. We were working for one company who decided to pick up on all the lead abatement work that my city started offering. We took our classes and got qualified. The company did really shotty work and did not go by the book, more than half of the crew left around the same time.

Thanks everyone for the welcome!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts