Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much to charge a apartment to paint apartments. 1 br 2 br 3 br move in/ move out? and what color paint to use? flat white ,semi gloss

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I'm told that dark brown Behr gloss works best for apartments. I've seen guys on here charge as much as $78.00 for each apt they do.

I wish I could do some of these but with my travel expenses I would have to charge around $80.00 each so I would be out of the bidding :(

·
Registered
Painter
2,031 Posts
I'm told that dark brown Behr gloss works best for apartments. I've seen guys on here charge as much as $78.00 for each apt they do.

I wish I could do some of these but with my travel expenses I would have to charge around $80.00 each so I would be out of the bidding :(

oh crapp.... are you serious??? you out bid me by $20..... You'll be rich before you kniow it... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
Painter
2,031 Posts
Thats Kind Of Cheap Isnt It? $80 I Dont Know About That Mister
LOL.... I remember a time before I pursued the REAL painting industry (was painting appartments at the time), I was making about $120 for a 3 bdrm walls only... depending on the management that I served depended on the amount I got... man... it was hard to make a Gross of $60,000 a year working this market. I gave up and my life/wife became a better friend. Now I do residential repaints and make a better living................ Your wecome to join the residential club or loose your ass painting appartments...

btw.... I was subbed out to another company that kept me busy all year around... If your not busy doing an average of 3 apartments per day, forget it!

Seriously, do the math. I was the fastest and cleanest painter as a SUB, but yet, I could not hold the fort down with a GROWING family. I had to move on.... I do not regret my time in apartment painting because I learned some rather unique skillz in that market that I still put into my everyday work as a residential painter. I don't miss the lack of finances that the apartment painting provides.....

·
very senior member
9,848 Posts

I will travel anywhere in the US and do them for $76, but I will not use Behr, only Valspar will do.:eek:

·
Sole Proprietor
330 Posts
I am the bestest, fastest, skilledest apartment painter in the entire world, i can also shoot lightning bolts from me arse:thumbup:

·
Registered
Painter
2,031 Posts
I Get $250 For A 2 Br . And I Do About 10 In A Week. Not Including My Walmart Contract
Walls only or does that include ceiling and trim?

oh yeah... forgot... are you supplying the paint?

when I was into apartments (god i hate to even think about it....) the management supplied the paint. Most 2 bdrms took about 2 1/2 gal one coat on walls only.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts