Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mostly do residential painting. I am looking for a machine to handle 150' to 200' of hose, and spray primers, latex, etc.

How powerful of a machine do I need for this?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I run 150' on my 695 all the time but it will not push a 1225 tip even with a shorter hose, but my 1095 does fine with long hoses and big tips.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I run 150' on my 695 all the time but it will not push a 1225 tip even with a shorter hose, but my 1095 does fine with long hoses and big tips.
What max tip do you use with 150'? Are you running 1/4" hose or 3/8" hose?

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I use a 1/4" hose on my electric pumps but on my gas pump I have a 3/8" hose for the first 50 feet. A 150' of 3/8" hose would be a lot of weight to drag around. Biggest tip I use is a 1225 on my big machines. I use big tips on wide open new construction but not very often outside. I have used 835 tips for block fill and some water sealers.

·
Super Moderator
Journeyman Painting Contractor
2,546 Posts
Why would you want 200' of hose for residential painting. I've never had more than 50'. A 490 would be fine. Just get an extension cord.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Agreed. I highly recommend the biggest pump you can afford. I'd much rather carry paint to a garage/first floor, than have to carry it up into a building. On smaller apartments, you can even reach 2/3 floors with the pump on one floor. Much easier to just drag the hose around than to move the pails and pump.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I run 150 on my 640, no problems at that length. I use small tips though, 413 for body, 311 for eaves. You will never need 200, and when I go to a bigger tip like 519, I go down to 100'.
Thanks for the info!!

Question: What paint are you typically spraying with a 413? 311?

Thanks again!!

·
FasterBetterCheaper
55 Posts
I mostly do residential painting. I am looking for a machine to handle 150' to 200' of hose, and spray primers, latex, etc.

How powerful of a machine do I need for this?

Thanks!

Titan is not the way. Graco parts are everywhere and they have the top quality metals designed (patented) for pumps. For residential, I'd say anything above the Magnum homeowner level. IT's a budget thing after that.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Titan is not the way. Graco parts are everywhere and they have the top quality metals designed (patented) for pumps. For residential, I'd say anything above the Magnum homeowner level. IT's a budget thing after that.
Anything above a homeowner pump to push 200 ft of hose to 2nd+ story? No. If you want good performance and want your pump to last, go for a 1095 or if you can afford it a 1595. You never regret bigger...but budget is an issue. SW will finance that 1595 for you for a year most likely with no interest. We do have probably 25 440's and 395's...but they're 50' of 3/8" hose and no big tips. They're good little pumps...but only for what they're meant for.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts