Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my wife works for a huge county school system. the school has a contracting deal with duron paints(owned by sherwin williams) which is great paint. i was paying $20 a gallon for there weathershield and plasticoat eggshell paint which is there top of the line. i went there and priced the county price which i can get and i almost fell down. $10.85 a gallon for either. the county spends millions a year in a paint so i get there price. no other painter in the city gets less than $14. i'm thinking of hiring 3 new crews and going to town. i'll be able to outbid all with my cheap mexcian labor and the cheapest price on paint. if i use 300 gallons a month in paint i'll be saving 3k amonth in paint over what i pay now

·
FT painter/FT dad
1,254 Posts
Statistically, 90% of your competitors will be out of business within 5 years. You will probably get there before they do.

Brian Phillips
:yes:

·
very senior member
9,848 Posts
and plasticoat eggshell paint which is there top of the line.

Actually their Signature(sp) is the top of the line.:whistling2:

·
Born To Be Mild
4,956 Posts
I LOVE guys like you! You come in, do it cheap, cut corners and after the customers get bent over because of the quality he calls me. I actually did a job in November where the client had a "painter" for her rentals, but not want him doing her home. That was easy money!
You will "only be as good as your last price".

·
Registered
5,097 Posts
Statistically, 90% of your competitors will be out of business within 5 years. You will probably get there before they do.

Brian Phillips
:yes: x 10

At least you will be busy and can pretend you own a business versus owning a job.

·
Registered
54 Posts
"...the county spends millions a year in a paint so i get there price. no other painter in the city gets less than $14. i'm thinking of hiring 3 new crews and going to town. i'll be able to outbid all with my cheap mexcian labor and the cheapest price on paint.

"JAM",

"Peace on earth and goodwill to all men".

Have a prosperous New Year!

·
Epoxy Dude
566 Posts
i'll be able to outbid all with my cheap mexcian labor
I don't even know what to say... or where to begin... This is one of the guys who is selling out America... Selling out his friends and neighbors...

What for?
Greed.

·
Registered
14,407 Posts
wow

I don't even know what to say... or where to begin... This is one of the guys who is selling out America... Selling out his friends and neighbors...

What for?
Greed.
Its weird. Its not even greed. Or if it is, its greed to be the cheapest. Like someone said earlier, why not make more profit margin for your business, and hire legitimate employees...same old problem. I'm glad there are a few of us here doing the good old fashioned thing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts