Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Retro reflective paint is a paint consiting of nano sized glass spheres, It reflects light falling on itand is mainly used for traffic safety.

it just needs a thin, uniform,single caot 40-45 microns thick .
I need you advice on how to use a brush or a roller to deposit a uniform thin coat.

Has anyone have prior experience with such paint.

regards
Sanjay

·
Registered
56 Posts
So you're trying to brush and roll traffic paint with glass beads? You're microns are equal to less than 2 mills DFT. If you're applying traffic paint, for best results spray with a line stripper without glass beads. If you need reflective lines, you might look at a walk behind hot kettle machine that will apply super thick thermoplastic reflective lines. Thermoplastic is more common on roads and freeways with reflective white and yellow lines.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's not road marking paint

Dear Socal Paint,

thanks for you reply , its not road marking paint
It is just nano size glass particles. They are mized in a resin and solvent.

Applyin gthis paint is tough, if you deposit non uniform layers , you dont get the best reflecttion , see the picture for more details.

i want the best method to apply a single uniform thin layer.

regards
Sanjay

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm not familiar with the product you're using, or your intended goal. Nevertheless, here's information from Zebra coatings that's manufactured in India off their website... Good luck.

(2) Spray the panels in a vertical position for the best coverage. To keep overspray minimized, when you have more than one panel to do, put the edges of the panels almost together and trigger the gun at the end of each pass.

(3) For best results it may be necessary to thin the Zebra paint before use. However, use only recommended thinners and only thin in the recommended ratio as previously mentioned.

HAND BRUSHING - Hand brushing of Zebra should be
done generally in non-critical applications on smooth
surfaces or on rough textured or porous surfaces. The
reflective liquid should be applied in full even strokes
with a good quality paint brush

1 - 5 of 5 Posts