Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I clean new construction and wondered if there is an easier way to remove paint overspray and spatter from luxury vinyl floors. Most have spatter all along baseboards and large spots all over the floor especially in toilet area etc. I have been scrubbing with fine steel wool and scrapping big spots with razor but it has become labor intensive. Overspray on glass I scrape but floors scare me as they are pricey and one slip of the blade and I will be paying $$$. I broke my wrist and this has come to the point I might be finding another job as it is ridiculous the amount of paint I am cleaning. Tips on removing from tile, range burners for gas stoves and fireplace inserts would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Gasoline!! just burn it down. Luxury lol.
surly this cant be a real post. if its real goof off or oops. crud cutter has a spray bottle paint remover as well.
you need to tell your boss to roughen these ass hats up. who sprays mirrors? wtf. happy thanksgiving o_O

·
Administrator
21,638 Posts
It is likely latex paint so lightly spray water on it with a spray bottle, let the water sit, then gently scrub off the overspray with a coarse rag or soft bristled brush. I would never use steel wool or a razor blade.
And as has already been mentioned, have a sit down discussion with your contractor about the neatness of the paint crew.

With that said:
PaintTalk.com is designed for professional painting contractors and the related fields to discuss issues and topics pertaining to the painting industries. The Moderators of this forum would prefer that you post Do It Yourself related topics on our sister site www.DIYChatroom.com. Many of our professional contractors are also members at DIYChatroom.com and are looking forward to assisting you with your needs.

If you're not a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.diychatroom.com/register.php.

This thread is now closed.

Reactions: Wildbill7145
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.