Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, been viewing the forum here and there for a few years as a fly on the wall. I was a handyman throughout college, which I'm finishing up with in the coming months. I've been making arrangments and gearing up to form a painting company, may be going through with the licensing process this month. I've got quite a few questions for you guys, even though I've explored and have already figured a number of issues out. Sorry if that's a bit long-winded, but I'm happy to be here, to learn, and contribute to the conversation!

Cameron
Phoenix, Arizona

·
Administrator
19,642 Posts
Nice intro Cameron and welcome to PT! Just drop the humble part if you want to fit in here. ;)

Reactions: Mr. Milola

·
Registered
981 Posts
welcome Cameron and good luck in your new venture
Hey...big Canadian bear hug welcome ! If you need help in the months from November thru April...let me know :thumbup: I can be a great help if I can have ample time off to golf in that great Arizona sunshine . I'm hearing that the Canadians are flocking to Arizona for cheap homes and sunshine...it is the new destination for the Canuck Snowbirds . :yes:

·
you're welcome
18 Posts
Hey...big Canadian bear hug welcome ! If you need help in the months from November thru April...let me know :thumbup: I can be a great help if I can have ample time off to golf in that great Arizona sunshine . I'm hearing that the Canadians are flocking to Arizona for cheap homes and sunshine...it is the new destination for the Canuck Snowbirds . :yes:
im actually moving to phoenix in a few weeks for that exact reason ^ (except i'm escaping the Vermont snow)
hows the weather like over there?

·
Registered
981 Posts
im actually moving to phoenix in a few weeks for that exact reason ^ (except i'm escaping the Vermont snow)
It is about 25 degrees Celsius here today . Rained all week...so the heat was good today . We will get about 6 good weeks over the next 8 and then it drops off a few degrees around the 2nd week of September and then hopefully good for another 6 weeks . It is a short season for exterior work here on PEI .

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the warm welcome, good sir! That's correct, the Canucks have discovered the market here and continue to flow in. I first learned of the trend on NPR, and I'd like to market real estate to those folks, if I can figure out a good plan.

I might be able to work with you when you're down here, keep me posted ay? Have you wintered in Arizona for a while now or will it be your first extended stay?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh man you picked the *warmest* time of year to come down! It's about 110 degrees F here by 3:00 pm. It barely drops below 100 at night!

Do you know where in Phoenix you'll be living? If you're interested in lining up any work or side jobs, let me know and maybe we can work something out. I'm gearing up and forming my painting company, will need some experienced help come the time to make it rain in this here valley!

·
Registered
981 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome, good sir! That's correct, the Canucks have discovered the market here and continue to flow in. I first learned of the trend on NPR, and I'd like to market real estate to those folks, if I can figure out a good plan.

I might be able to work with you when you're down here, keep me posted ay? Have you wintered in Arizona for a while now or will it be your first extended stay?
Other than flying over the US eastern seaboard last Winter...that is the closest I have been to Arizona since I was in Mexico 7 years ago . I have friends who have gone down to golf and I know some people who have bought Winter homes there instead of Florida . LOL...I might get there someday to check it out . Good luck on all your ventures .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts