Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 4590 Posts

·
Banned
5,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
today i finished up a job an previouslly the HO'er said he was having a wall removed so not to worry about painting it .... i knew better but gambled an LOST. he calls me after i already left to tell me the good news ..........I HATE WHEN THAT HAPPENS !!

I hate when I say ''yeah that'll cover in 1'' an it DOESNT

I hate when I switch from a long handle to short handle brush an I end up a few inches short every ladder move

I hate when my pot hook falls into the can

I hate when I get a near perfect cut line and an air bubble pops in the paint ruining my line

I hate when I screw a switch plate back on an it cracks

I hate when I get paint in my eye .... ''un paintoro in me ojo'' for our undocumented friends

I hate when I drop a screw for a plate an I never see it again

I hate when a customer says ''what's that''

I hate how every top drawer in America has underwear in it

I hate when I tap down a spot an end up putting a hole in the wall

I hate how paint lands on the floor wherever there's no drop sheet :whistling2:

I hate when I try to open a window an its locked

I hate when I make another hole next to the nail that I tried to set

I hate when somebody puts a picture on a bed then covers it

And for the WIN

I hate noticing every other painters mistakes 24 hrs a day 7 days a week ....IT NEVER ENDS !!! :eek:

image-4139720004.jpg

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
All of those plus:

I get a text at 6:46am Monday morning, "I'm not feeling very good, going to try and sleep for a couple more hours" , when we start at 7am.

When customers text, or call after hours and weekends to about non urgent issues.

When people expect exact start dates on exterior repaints 2-3 months in advanced.

When I hear the words "sharpen the pencil"

I could go on and on, but I really hate to think about all the things that I hate.

·
Banned
5,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A painter took out the bottom portion of the caution sign?:whistling2:

Oh, you mean the white paint on the top left corner of the sing.. Gotcha.
yup!!....i took that pic while waiting for my milkshake at McDonalds... its a curse it really is.... notice every little damn painting detail no matter where you are

·
Administrator
19,660 Posts
Getting stuck behind someone going the speed limit when I'm late for a bid.

Reactions: PPD and ajwolff.21

·
Paint Store Owner
5,550 Posts
Some painter brings in an ancient gallon of paint for us to shake. Then the unseen pinhole in the can decides to unclog on your shaker, becoming a paint sprinkler.

Customer comes in to buy $3 roller with $100 bill at 7am.

Customer asks if you can open 2 hours early for them, and they show up at 2pm

·
Super Moderator
6,854 Posts
I really hate that I'm always on schedule but every contractor before me is always two weeks late.

When I need a regular screw driver can only find Phillips heads.

When the job Im working at has no cell service.

I hate that I hate so many things.

When I email proposals and never get a response.

Cutting in behind toilets.

Customers standing over my shoulder when I'm making difficult lines or when I'm painting behind their filthy toilet.

Cutting my finger tips when caulking.

Behr paint threads.

Calling in a paint order the day before and having it still not done when I arrive for pick up.

Squeaky roller handles.

Ok that's all I got for now. :)

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
I hate when people apologize about the mess... If they were really sorry they would have cleaned up a bit before I got there.

I hate when I don't fill up my truck with gas on the way home from work, and forget I have to stop to fill up on the way to work.

I hate having to remind people that when I say payment due upon completion, that means payment is due upon completion.. I do not want to come back to your house just so you can write me a check.

I hate when my neighbors ask me for a job

I hate when friends ask if I can hire their relatives

I hate when my relatives ask if I can hire their friends

I hate when my buddies want to talk about work, when we are not at work

I hate the thought of work, when I am not at work (why am I a member at PT again ?)

I hate that my busiest season, is the season I wish I was the slowest

I hate that I will never be able to afford half of the homes I am hired to paint

I hate when you flush the toilet at work, and nothing is going down...

I hate when you think nobody is around, and you let one rip, somebody will surely enter the room you are working in...

I hate when you find something under a bed/couch that you wish you didn't see...

·
Registered
153 Posts
All of those plus:

I get a text at 6:46am Monday morning, "I'm not feeling very good, going to try and sleep for a couple more hours" , when we start at 7am.

When customers text, or call after hours and weekends to about non urgent issues.

When people expect exact start dates on exterior repaints 2-3 months in advanced.

When I hear the words "sharpen the pencil"

I could go on and on, but I really hate to think about all the things that I hate.

this is why i will never start a residential job till after 9 am . It gives the HO time to do their morning routine and get out before i show up

·
Registered
153 Posts
I hate when yer employees tell you there is plenty of mats and when you get there in the morning there arent enough mats and you have to make a run to the paint store

·
Painting Contractor
4,064 Posts
This is my favorite thread in a long time!

I hate when the HO is pretty much fine with something, and I have to make it better, and then I end up creating a whole crap load of more work for myself.

I hate when Cabinetcoat micro bubbles for no apparent reason and won't flow out, no matter what I try

I hate when my lead painter quits with no notice. And then I hire him back two months later cuz it's summer. And then two days later he tells me he actually got his license while he was gone and has his own job starting soon.

I hate when stripping a deck takes three times longer than I thought it would

I hate when SW switches my sales rep to one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen. Ok, I don't mind that. Thanks SW. Guess they want me to buy more paint.

I hate when SW keeps raising my prices, and then they give me a beautiful rep who's also tough as nails and won't lower my price the way my last rep would. She says, "I can give you Resilience for that price, but not Duration. Resilience is a great paint". Aargh

I hate Behr threads too (thanks RBriggs)

1 - 20 of 4590 Posts