Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

4581 - 4588 of 4588 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I think some owners may get a little intimidated by the literal rough trade that does rough work like that and they let it go until they come across nice guy painter who maybe he can fix it?

·
Registered
557 Posts
I hate when I give the new bm store in town a try and the “best” they can do is 38.99 for fresh start 023 and the same for muresco. DAMN!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Oy. Bad news. I feel lucky about the time I had to go touch up a popcorn ceiling after water damage only to find that the ceiling was still raw mud - had never been primed or painted...in a small condo FULL of furniture and "hoarder" worthy levels of kitschy stuff everywhere. Yeah. I had to prime and paint the whole thing (while the wife called the husband 3 times to wonder why I wasn't done yet).

My latest annoyance is different (pic). But also annoying. Window replacement on an older place. Takes "the painter will fix it" to one of those "are you kidding me" levels. But the response is always "can't you just caulk that?"

View attachment 110790
Holly Crap,
I have very basic carpentry skills, but I could do a better job than that.

·
Super Moderator
6,400 Posts
That looks more than light carpentry as a fix. Looks to me like time travel would be required and grabbing the sawzall out of the hands of the guy that destroyed that poor thing.

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
I hate when I schedule a three day wallpaper job that is a complete sh*t show from minute one, and among many other things, get chased out by lacquer fumes at noon two days in a row, and have to collect a measly $500 check for one wall after three days, pack up my stuff, and tell the client "sorry, but im not doing anything else unless I get compensated for lost time. . However, I like when they later hit me up to do the bathroom the next day, and offer to compensate me $600 for lost time.

·
Registered
688 Posts
That looks more than light carpentry as a fix. Looks to me like time travel would be required and grabbing the sawzall out of the hands of the guy that destroyed that poor thing.
Yeah. "The guy" has been a problem for a while. DK if he's been fired yet just because I know he's been teetering. Sometimes I just want to say "know what, I'll just do it myself..." But I'm part timing it these days and not flush with time.

The window tops didn't get flashing either. I'll be R&R'ing the top trim to install some.

·
Registered
688 Posts
...the HO puts big gloppy patches of sample paint colors on the wall with big gloppy brush marks. And usually right underneath of where the new sconce is going to go.

...the HO does anything but offer me food and water. (Although one HO became my favorite when I was "tipped" with a really nice bottle of McCallan 12. I resisted. But they insisted. Yum.)

·
Registered
704 Posts
I hate when...

the HO says they helped you patch some of the holes, and they used wood putty, and left big mounds of texture on almost every surface.

the HO comes out and visits with you every break, and all during lunch (just to see how things are going).

the HO calls you about their job (when their house is still 2 months out), because there is a sale at SW. They want to know if they can apply it to their order? And would you mind picking it up for them?

(I really value the customer and am hesitant to say stuff like this, but they do tend to happen a lot.)

4581 - 4588 of 4588 Posts