Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys...i paint things called kendamas and im trying to find a sticky clear coat or topcoat of some kind that is strong but makes stuff sticky at the same time. i dont want slippery clear coat. kendamas are better when sticky. so can anyone give me tips on sticky clearcoats or anything i can use to make my clearcoat sticky and durable at the same time?

if you want to know what a kendama is, or need an example of why tacky is better, heres a video..

Thanks.

·
Retired Moderator
10,539 Posts
The product that comes to mind is Marathon Primer from United Coatings. Since it's a primer, I can't really speak to its durability. On the other hand, it certainly stays tacky.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Trust me you don't want anything sticky or tacky. Those things would get so dirty in a matter of days from dropping them on the ground and just holding them. The point of the toy is balance not the product sticking to the ball. Anyways, I would say just a food grade oil like for salad bowls would be fine.

·
Registered
10,571 Posts
Thanks for posting on PaintTalk.com. The Moderators of this forum would prefer if you post Do It Yourself related topics on our sister site www.DIYChatroom.com

PaintTalk.com is designed for professional painting contractors and the related fields to discuss issues and topics pertaining to the painting industries. Many of our professional contractors are also members at DIYChatroom.com and are looking forward to assist you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com If your not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.diychatroom.com/register.php

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. This thread has been closed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.