Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my google voice number, BTW

The other day, I got a random call from Austin. I though it might be a potential client. It sounded like some getto kid going "Who dis? Why you callin?"

I said, I have no idea what hes talking about, and if I called his number it was an accident. He just yelled "Dont call my number again!" and hung up.

When I got out of the shower today, I saw his number on my missed calls.

I thought about it for a while, and I figure my number might be hacked by a robocaller. I just now sent off a text to the person explaining what I think is happening, and asked him to tell me what phone call actually is. Im waiting for his response.

I googled this and found an interesting story about a man who started getting a call every few minutes from very angry people and receiving threats. https://abcnews.go.com/US/scammers-hijack-mans-phone-number-angry-calls-minute/story?id=28750289

Boy, I sure hope it doesnt come down to changing my work number., I have a lot of clients who have it, not to mention business cards, etc.... If someone wanted to, they could track down my home address pretty quickly online.... Kind of a scary thought...

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Woodco, you are having some week! In a perfect world, for me anyway, there would be no phones, well, at least NO PHONE CALLS. I hate answering the phone. Texts, I love the texting feature of cell phones. I have most of my good customers trained to text me rather than call. I love it.

I hope you get this figured out. Sure would suck to have your phone number compromised.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
This is my google voice number, BTW

The other day, I got a random call from Austin. I though it might be a potential client. It sounded like some getto kid going "Who dis? Why you callin?"

I said, I have no idea what hes talking about, and if I called his number it was an accident. He just yelled "Dont call my number again!" and hung up.

When I got out of the shower today, I saw his number on my missed calls.

I thought about it for a while, and I figure my number might be hacked by a robocaller. I just now sent off a text to the person explaining what I think is happening, and asked him to tell me what phone call actually is. Im waiting for his response.

I googled this and found an interesting story about a man who started getting a call every few minutes from very angry people and receiving threats. https://abcnews.go.com/US/scammers-hijack-mans-phone-number-angry-calls-minute/story?id=28750289

Boy, I sure hope it doesnt come down to changing my work number., I have a lot of clients who have it, not to mention business cards, etc.... If someone wanted to, they could track down my home address pretty quickly online.... Kind of a scary thought...
I got a similar call from a local painting contractor who said he was going to sue me. He was rambling on about calling the police on me and a bunch of other very weird stuff. I tracked him down and his company was on page one of Google who offered $99/room painting. I called him back and he told me not to call him again. Very strange call. I honestly had no idea what he wanted. He must have been drunk or stoned.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts