Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any business expert can help me, I would like to prepare my business documents so what I should take with my business name? LLC or DBA?

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
Is there any business expert can help me, I would like to prepare my business documents so what I should take with my business name? LLC or DBA?
An accountant is your best bet for getting you set up for success. Also the most important tool you could have (besides a brush). Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
21,546 Posts
I would also add that a lawyer can be pretty valuable at the setup stage of your business. Yes, they can be costly but it’s worth it knowing it was correctly done. Many communities also have retired lawyers offering their services to people needing assistance on a budget.

Never looked into them myself but also wonder if the online services for this type of thing wouldn’t be worth checking out. If they are anything like Turbo Tax is for tax preparation, they could be pretty comprehensive and geared to be specific for your state.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I too would recommend hiring a business attorney, and an accountant. It will cost some money up front, but a good accountant and attorney are worth 1,000 times the cost. My company is an LLC with other business names (DBAs). I know that I am personally separate and protected from any issues the company may encounter. I also know I am pay he least amount of taxes necessary. I also did not have to spend hours and days learning about every little thing, and spending the time doing it all my self. I was able to make up the cost of the accountant and attorney by focusing on making money painting.

Having an attorney or an accountant is not an excuse to be lazy and dumb though. You do need to have a basic understanding of how your company is structured, and about the financials. one of the best ways to lose everything is to have a bad / crooked accountant or attorney and being too dumb to realize they screwed you.

·
Administrator
21,546 Posts
Just don’t try and start up a painting business with the name “Pete” anywhere in it. :plain:

·
Registered
11,338 Posts
Good one RH :wink:
Remind me of Pete the painter
Did you pay the trademark fee to use this in your post? Better watch it! He has his eye on you now!

The guy probably hasn't used a brush in years. Just lives off of trademark infringement lawsuits.

Reactions: PremierPaintingMa

·
Registered
11,338 Posts
I think I'm going to trademark "hillbilly paint lab".

1 - 10 of 10 Posts