Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

If you could only have 1 festool sander...ok..two at the most

5K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  Wildbill7145 
#1 ·
Trying to make up my mind [emoji1] . Any help would be appreciated. Right now in thinkng of a CT 26 with a rotex 90 and 150. Wanted something for interior work as well as siding.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#7 ·
RO 150 gets pretty darn heavy over the course of a day. The RO 125 is more manageable. Really depends upon whether you're doing more extraction or fine sanding. No matter what, the RO 90 would be my top pick.

For sheer power of removing material, RAS 115 in a monster, although lacking in dust extraction capabilities.

If I had to pick only 2, it would be the RO 90 and RO 125, because of their diversity.

#9 ·
I'm trying to figure that out myself. I'm set on the dts400 for interior work. I think the pointed end will be more beneficial, and I believe you can put the RTS head on it (although not a real quick change). Just trying to decide the best, most flexible, exterior sander to buy to start with.

#13 ·
So I've narrowed it down to one of the 400's and either the RO 90 or 125. I anticipate the 125 or 90 would be used primarily for exterior. I'm having a hard time ignoring the flexibility of the 90 but feel like the 125 might be better for exterior/decks etc. Good to know you like the 90 for exteriors Rbriggs...I have a cedar shake job coming up that I think the 90 might be perfect for.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#14 ·
IME, the 90 is under powered and doesn't have enough surface area for clapboards or shakes. Maybe just spot treatment but not a whole house. We use 125's for that with the 90 doing detail work.
The versatility of the 90 is what it does best. I know you are only thinking of getting 2 but the 90 and 125 go hand in hand for exterior. Dts and rts are both nice for interior.

#18 ·
The 125 but it's not our go to only when the lead patrols regulators fee gouging government officials are out. Actually it hasn't held up well for us been in to be fixed twice. Only reason I have it now after using it for some time is dust extraction and what il listed above. Our $65 dollar DaWalts our monster workhorse Sanders.

#19 ·
The 125 but it's not our go to only when the lead patrols regulators fee gouging government officials are out. Actually it hasn't held up well for us been in to be fixed twice. Only reason I have it now after using it for some time is dust extraction and what il listed above. Our $65 dollar DaWalts our monster workhorse Sanders.
What network do you belong to which informs in advance when and where those patrols are out?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.