Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks: 0Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts*My Photoshi. like I said ok relatively new at this so my bad. My name is Jason. I'm 24 and started working for my company two years ago. the company's name is Transco Railway products. we salvage, refurbish wrecked rail cars. we're located in Oelwein, iowa a town of about 8500 people. I am a painter Now but started off as a painter's helper and worked my way up to painter within a year. the fastest in the company ever. I make$17 an hour and work at least 45-50 hours a week. which end up being about $43k a year. I also specialize in applying food grade linings inside of the railcars. for companies like conagra and general mills. I also inspect and touch up my own paint jobs. I was wondering what kind of jobs I could do with my experience

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The mils on my paint are 10-12 but varies during condition. After I paint the car I do an interior inspection for light spots, pin holes, defects, trash, and patch her up to new:)

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I've never heard of any of the paints you mentioned. What is a plural system?

I sprayed some two part polyurethane recently with an airless and wasn't happy with the results
It is a pump that mixes two part epoxy.heats it up to about 130 degrees Fahrenheit, sends It to a block where it mixes through my static mixer. Also mixing paints at various ratios

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Carboguard 992Description:Carboguard 992 is a solventless, epoxy lining for dry bulk cargoes that is applied by heated, airless plural component spray, as a one coat lining for hopper cars carrying plastic pellets, food and grain, or other dry cargoes. It is acceptable for direct contact with dry bulk food products

1 - 20 of 67 Posts