Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Welcome JB.

What type of Graco plural spray rig are you using, and do you have any idea of the cost? Also, do you have a man monitoring the ratios at the rig while you spray. Nice coating job BTW!
it's a Graco hydracat. With two fifteen gallon basins so I can spray up to 30 gallons without refilling and reheating. the paint goes out of the pump, through my in-line heated hose bundle (that is 50 ft long I believe) to our block that controls our recirc valves and thinner valves for flushing out. and where my static mixer is located. I honestly do not know what the cost is. and yes I have a helper always monitoring paint levels, temp and pressure ( which I spray at around 2800 p.s.I.). The nice thing is if my pump goes off ratio it pops off and shuts my pump down.

·
Registered
15,691 Posts
That kill switch is a great idea. I've seen several jobs that have failed due to off ratio application. I would like to spray 100% solids plural component coatings but I'm limited to high solid epoxies where abrasive blasting is restricted and a surface tolerant coating is the only other option.

I think with your experience, you'd have no trouble finding employment in the industrial coatings field. Whether it's as owner of your own company, coatings applicator, or inspector. There are so many avenues in this industry, and the field is advancing rapidly. Third party inspection companies, like KTA, also offer good opportunities for those who have acquired training through NACE and SSPC. You may want to take a look at furthering your education in the event you want to retire the spray gun.

Your skills could easily take you out of the small community you live in and place you anywhere in the world if you wanted. And the potential for high earnings is attainable.

Good luck to you!

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
CApainter has some great advice. Especially the part about furthering your education. You are young enough to do some more coating stuff, but don't let the increasing wages totally blind you to the future- one where you can supervise or inspect other people's work, for even better, easier money. Good luck!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Is that a completely airless system?

Seeing things that look like pressure relief, and moisture collector
Cool machine
Yea it is.and its really reliable. Just a machine. And my company actually fabricated the stand and put everything together.and its mobile capable too

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I've been having a problem lately trying to spray two part polyurethane with a regular airless.
Is this machine good for all two part stuff? Would have to have 0 sweat in time I guess.

Yea I do believe so. My company actually took on a project having to do with the two part polyurethane and we decided to side project that because our pumps are tied up with other paint projects now.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Rail Car exterior after I painted it

Attachments

21 - 40 of 67 Posts