Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hey Jason, ...welcome to the forum and to the industry! For starters, you're definitely on the right "track" (pun intended) reaching out to other people in the industry and asking questions. *NO* question is a stupid question if you don't know the answer.
It sounds like you have an interesting niche going there with the train cars. If I were you I would DEFINITELY want to learn as much about that particular market and the demand in your area for that service. If approached intelligently, that very well may keep you as busy as you want to be and even lead to other types of work.
Relationships are *EVERYTHING*. Once you've proven yourself to a new customer and when the moment is right, ask them for their insight on how you might improve your company and for their ideas on how to grow. I've never had someone refuse that question, in fact just the opposite. I've gained powerful, extremely useful insight from customers by asking that question. Sometimes I say to them "If you became a partner in my company today, what would you want to do or change" ? That gets them talking every time.
Best of luck my friend. I look forward to seeing your updates here.

Adam

·
Administrator
professional painting contractor - retired
22,178 Posts
Behr is residential / commercial paint. For like houses and offices.
Just a head’s up, you are replying to a post written in 2013. Likely the member who wrote it now knows about Behr. I know it can be easy to do so check the date of the post you are considering replying to to see if doing so makes sense or not.

·
Registered
79 Posts
😂 @ all the "love" for Behr here. We do strictly commercial projects and we absolutely cringe whenever we see that name in a material spec. I immediately campaign to the owner or GC to let us get it matched in Sherwin or PPG. *SUCH a pain goin to Home Depot for paint.

61 - 67 of 67 Posts