Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I posted an intro about myself as I thank you all for any help you can provide.

I have been painting for three years with a crew that as if often goes we are allon our own for a while...I contacted some old friends and was offered an opportunity to bid on some work. But

"I NEED INSURANCE",
1. Can i get insurance without a business name and tax ID?
this would be best cause i need te work asap...and I think that it will take a wile to get a tax id and all together..

2.Can i get a short term insurance plan?
3.What plan do i need for painting condos?

Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi haters

Nah....you got the wrong guy.
My lifestyle, plain and simple, out to get it
No doubt I stay commited and capable to bring the pearl ****, no matter the cost and where I aim, I do my thing to bring the fatter cut

·
Super Moderator
9,509 Posts
If you need a license in DC, get that first. Then you will need liability insurance and workmans comp. no avoiding those things to run a legal business. Depending on business structure, you may be able to run under your SSN, but getting a tax ID is easy. Tax to your CPA.

If you do not have those things already, you probably should not be taking jobs anyway of any kind.

·
Registered
98 Posts
You can get insurance without a business name. It would simply be under your name. Your SS number can be your tax ID number. My business liability insurance is billed and paid in advance yearly. Not sure about workman,s comp.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I contacted a acquaintances Insurance agent today.

I told her that I am trying to get a short-term insurance policy. as I am not sure if I will be in DC for the whole year as i have other opportunities elsewhere in US. She said they only like long-term policies. And might not give me a policy if i don't plan to be in the area for long.

Do any of you work in two areas of the us? Are there certain agencies that cover various areas as a package?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts