Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Tax Professional
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

New to this community & wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. I am a tax professional who has been working with contractors to resolve tax/workmen's comp issues for 20+ years. I'm here to help, post tax tips that may be useful to contractors, and answer any tax questions you may have. I hope I can be of use to some of you. Please feel free to use me to your advantage, and send your most pressing tax questions through this forum. I'll answer on here, for free. Oh, and I promise to always be informative, and never sales-y. Looking forward to connecting with all of you!

Kind regards,
John Gallagher

·
Almost Gone
10,730 Posts
What happens if you don't file and consider yourself a non-taxpayer?

Do you think taxing somebodies labor is lawful? If you do, can you site the law or court case that supports it?

And why does the IRS say that income tax is a "voluntary" tax?. Does that mean you can file if you feel like it and if you don't it's cool not to?

Thanks.

·
PinheadsUnite
30,724 Posts
Welcome John,

As you know, WC is different for each state, which one do you have a license to give legal advice about ?

thanks

-Bill

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
JohnGallagher said:
Hi All,

New to this community & wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. I am a tax professional who has been working with contractors to resolve tax/workmen's comp issues for 20+ years. I'm here to help, post tax tips that may be useful to contractors, and answer any tax questions you may have. I hope I can be of use to some of you. Please feel free to use me to your advantage, and send your most pressing tax questions through this forum. I'll answer on here, for free. Oh, and I promise to always be informative, and never sales-y. Looking forward to connecting with all of you!

Kind regards,
John Gallagher
G'day John Welcome to PT

I'm from Sydney Australia if I fly over to America
Do you think I could claim the trip for business if I visit you for some Tax Tips ?

Maybe not lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts