Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this site in late July when business went dead. My company does mainly residential repaints and lease homes for property managers.

I dropped from 4 people last year to 2 this year and quit painting exteriors in the summer. Finding quality help that I can leave to do exteriors has been a problem and with the recession, my advertising has quit working. I am trying to find a workable business model where I am more owner than painter.

There is a wealth of info here and I plan on posting and contributing to the site.

·
I'm Colour Blind
1,630 Posts
Hellooo from the UK, smigel :thumbsup:

It is a cool forum. Gleaned loadsa stuff from here that doesn't even get spoken of in the UK.

I love ur header pics of that home on ur www., I wanna get one :yes:
Looks like some beach homes here. Apart from it doesn't look like it's raining in your shots :rolleyes:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
UK

Hellooo from the UK, smigel :thumbsup:

It is a cool forum. Gleaned loadsa stuff from here that doesn't even get spoken of in the UK.

I love ur header pics of that home on ur www., I wanna get one :yes:
Looks like some beach homes here. Apart from it doesn't look like it's raining in your shots :rolleyes:
It has been raining for weeks now it seems. Glad to see some painters from over the pond. I will be in the UK Christmas and March. Always wondered about painting there. I have a daughter that lives in Bury St. Edmunds. We had about 20 friends from England at her wedding here in March. IHOP was their favorite place to eat.

·
I'm Colour Blind
1,630 Posts
It has been raining for weeks now it seems. Glad to see some painters from over the pond. I will be in the UK Christmas and March. Always wondered about painting there. I have a daughter that lives in Bury St. Edmunds. We had about 20 friends from England at her wedding here in March. IHOP was their favorite place to eat.
That'll be good for you to see your Daughter, especially at christmas.
I'm shocked you took her over there for the big day and robbed our economy here. ;)

You'll find the same problems here with painting as over there.
Lowballers, people who "have been painting for 20yrs" and they are only 28yrs old anyway, non tax paying immi-grunts, firemen who paint for cash etc, etc!!!
You got better is weather for sure... :yes:

I'll pop to Bury St Eds. and say Dad sends his love ;)
Nice talking!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts